Windows Start Up

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
Mayk

Windows Start Up

Post by Mayk »

Hey folks,

I have recently started using Push2Run and it has been working perfectly! Although what I noticed recently is that I need to open the application manually whenever I want to use it. I have ticked the check box on Options > Startup > start Push2Run when you log on to Windows and start using administrator privileges by default. Also Push2Run is enabled on the task manager then start up.

Is there any way for me to solve this problem of Push2Run not opening during start up? Any help would be greatly appreciated
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Windows Start Up

Post by RobLatour »

Actually, the startup setting to start the program when you log on should be all you need to use.

Here are a couple things to try:

1. go to the Push2Run - Options - startup setting and toggle the startup setting off. Click OK. Go back into the same window and toggle it back on again.

2. press [CTRL][ALT][DEL] to and select Windows Task Manager, click on the start-up tab, scroll down to the entry for Push2Run and make sure it is enabled.

If one or more of these worked there may have been some other 'helpful' software run on your machine that disabled the program from starting up.

Also, just as a note, as you also have the option set to start using admin privileges you will need to confirm on the UAC control pop-up box at startup time that you want to give Push2Run uac permissions. If you don't do this, the box will time out and the program will not start. I only mention this as you may have an auto start process at a specific time that you are not around.

Hope this helps
Mayk

Post by Mayk »

Thanks for the response, Rob. As for #1, I have tried it but there isn't any luck. As with #2, I had it set before and still the same.

Not sure if this will be of any help but on the Compatibility for Push2Run's properties - I also have Run this program as an administrator ticked. So basically, I'm running Push2Run with administrator priveleges.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

well, maybe we can simplify for testing. Can you see if you can uncheck everything that would indicate a startup with administrative privileges, and then see if it starts up on login without them. Please let me know what happens. Thanks
Mayk

Post by Mayk »

Seems like that did the trick. I basically revoked the administrator privileges for Push2Run and it works perfectly now. Thanks for the help!