Setting Up - Assistant Not Linked with P2R

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
ThatNickGuy

Setting Up - Assistant Not Linked with P2R

Post by ThatNickGuy »

So I just got a Google Home Mini today. And I believe I followed all the steps properly in the set up for Push2Run. However, it still doesn't seem to work for me.

When I say "Tell my computer to...", the Assistant recognizes it and says "OK, I told your computer to..." but nothing happens on my computer. In this case, I used the default "open the calculator" command. Nothing happens and there's also no session log registered.

Anyone know what I might have missed here?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Setting Up - Assistant Not Linked with P2R

Post by RobLatour »

When you open the Push2Run session log, the top of it should say this:

2018-11-24 19:31:41.081 - Started

2018-11-24 19:31:41.393 - Network status is up

2018-11-24 19:31:43.301 - Connection with Pushbullet established

Is that what you see?

Also, I would say to best thing to do is take another close walk thru the instructions at: https://www.push2run.com/setup.html

Having that said, if you previously had a pushbullet account (for example several months / years ago) but you have not used it in over a month, you will likely need to create a new one (as they seem to expire after a month of none use, with no easy way to re-instate them).
jtr4in

Post by jtr4in »

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. IFFT title is the same as Push2Run's Title Filter, PushBullet is connected to IFFT and Push2Run.

http://prntscr.com/lncy7u

http://prntscr.com/lncyc3

Session log:

2018-11-26 17:50:12.629 - Started with administrative privileges

2018-11-26 17:50:12.690 - Network status is up

2018-11-26 17:50:13.882 - Connection with Pushbullet established

I tried setting up from scratch but no success.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Jason
jtr4in

Post by jtr4in »

Just wanted to follow up, I had started the Google Home setup (through my phone) with my main email. Since some apps required a gmail account that's where the confusion went. I restarted the setup and kept it all 1 email!

Sorry and thank you for a great app :)
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

jtr4in: glad you got it working and thanks for posting back, its quite possible others will run into the same thing so knowing your solution is rather helpful!
shakur123

Post by shakur123 »

RobLatour wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:38 pm Having that said, if you previously had a pushbullet account (for example several months / years ago) but you have not used it in over a month, you will likely need to create a new one (as they seem to expire after a month of none use, with no easy way to re-instate them).
i went to a trip overseas and when i got back and plug the home and it doesnt work, i follow the steps got the connection to pushbullet and even make a new account (put the new code) and nothing, any suggestions?

thanks!