Action executed increasing numeber of times

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Action executed increasing numeber of times

Post by RobLatour »

ok - so I did some investigation around the Windows Classic theme; one thing I read was it had problems in some cases with scrolling.

By default, the log window has auto-scrolling enabled.

One thing you can try is backing out of the Windows Classic theme, rebooting as required, and then see if you have problems with the log or not.

If you don't have problems when the Windows Classic Theme is not in use, but you really want your Windows Classic theme, with the theme off you can try going into the log window, toggling off the auto-scroll feature, closing the window and then re-enabling the Windows Classic Theme. Once done perhaps the log will work with Windows Classic theme turned on.

I don't know if this will work or not, but if you do decide to try it then I would appreciate knowing how you got along.
jony

Post by jony »

Yes, that seemed to do the trick. I can see the Session Log now on my custom/Classic theme. I would recommend disabling auto-scrolling by default. :)

Edit: I restarted and now the Session Log window crashes again. I am assuming that auto-scroll setting is not sticky?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Yes, your right - the auto scroll feature starts as being on everytime you restart the app; however for the time the app is still running, it will remain set to whatever you set it for.

I've just made a change to beta for the next release to make it off by default and sticky between restarts. I will email you separately with a link to the beta's download. I've tested it myself, and the change appears to work just fine.

I'd ask that you give it a try and let me know here if it worked.

After that, we'll turn our attention to the resume from sleep issue.
jony

Post by jony »

I installed it and the Session Log still crashed.

To make sure I'd installed correctly, I checked the version: 2.0.5. I also changed my theme and went back to Session Log to see if it loaded fine - it did load fine and Auto Scroll was already off (by default). I changed my theme again to classic-custom and tried going to Session Log - the Session Log loaded fine this time. Then I exited and restarted P2R - the Session Log also loaded fine this time (I suspect this is because Windows 10 themes don't switch completely until you do a restart).

I then thought I'd look at the git link you posted. Following the rabbit hole, it seems the Torch guy commented out the old autoscroll code:
/*
if (VisualTreeHelper.GetChildrenCount(ChatItems) > 0)
{

Border border = (Border)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(ChatItems, 0);
ScrollViewer scrollViewer = (ScrollViewer)VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(border, 0);
scrollViewer.ScrollToBottom();
}
}*/
and replaced it with an alternative:
ChatItems.ScrollToItem(ChatItems.Items.Count - 1);
where the code for ScrollToItem is included in the git change link here: https://github.com/TorchAPI/Torch/commi ... ebd3e10da0 (note that this git link contains several other changes as well). This may or may not be the solution, but that's my best guess without knowing the source or anything more.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - for clarity - with the Push2Run autoscroll feature turned off, is the log otherwise working well now?
jony

Post by jony »

No, the Session Log window still crashes on my classic-custom theme.

Edit: For more clarity: 1) On classic-custom theme, the Session Log window crashes. 2) When I switch to non-classic, the Session Log window works. 3) When I switch back to classic-custom, the Session Log window continues to work. 4) When I restart my computer with the classic-custom theme, the Session Log window starts crashing again.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Where did you get this classic theme from?

Have you asked them for support?
jony

Post by jony »

My custom theme is nearly 100% the same as the classic theme, with a minor change to the windows taskbar. I think others with the classic theme will have the same problem but cannot verify as I no longer have the classic theme installed.

I am actually fine with the Session Log crashing, as I said in my initial post--I made my peace with it months ago (and now I know how to view it in case I need to. :) The repeat issue I am way more interested in resolving, thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Yes, thank you - I'm asking where you got the custom theme from so if I could get the exact same one perhaps I could recreate the problem.

Also, I'm trying to get the log working on your machines so that I can see want log entries you get when you have a repeat command.

If you can do this, that it is to say, get the log working - let your computer go to sleep - have it wake up again - issue a command and send me the log entry when it repeats that will perhaps, and only perhaps, give me a clue as to what is going on.
jony

Post by jony »

Ah. Next time it repeats, I can simply change themes and view the Session Log. So problem is solved in that sense.

The custom theme was created for me on another forum, for accessibility/readability reasons. Installation was complicated. I hesitate to provide it to you as it'd probably waste a bit of your time. If you want to check whether original Windows Classic theme is a problem: 1) Switch to it; 2) Restart computer; 3) If Session Log doesn't crash, then you can safely ignore.

I'll paste my Session Log output here next time it repeats. Thanks for your help!