Only some pushes are received by Push2Run

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
NomisCode

Only some pushes are received by Push2Run

Post by NomisCode »

Hello,
I have a problem with receiving pushes in Push2Run... I can see all the pushes in pushbullet online, but often they won't show and run actions in Push2Run. Only 5/13 was recognized by Push2Run. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for help, your app is awesome!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Only some pushes are received by Push2Run

Post by RobLatour »

you should see 100% of them; what are you seeing (or not seeing) in your Push2Run session log?
NomisCode

Post by NomisCode »

I wasn't seeing anything in the seesion log. Only successful pushes. Today it's working normally... Maybe pushbullet anomaly.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

This is pretty much the same thing I experience. It seems to work on and off at random. For commands that push2run does not catch, pushbullet push notifications are what they are expected to be.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

jasoncollege24: Do they show up in your Push2Run session log?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Sorry. I didn't get a notification of your question in my email.

I was also only getting successful pushes in the log.

Edit: just downloaded the latest version. I'll do some testing, and let you know if the problem persists. Love the app!

Edit 2: Below is a screenshot of a failed push, including session log. This is literally the second push attempt, after updating to version 2.1
Screenshot (151).png
Screenshot (151).png (65.75 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for the screenshot - it does show the problem.

Myself, I don't have the Pushbullet pop-up notification turned on, perhaps turning it off may help? To do this, please start the Pushbullet windows desktop app, click on Settings, uncheck the option 'Show notifications', and close the Pushbullet window desktop app.

Also, out of curiosity, what is that extra icon on the title bar of the Push2Run - Session log and on the title bar of Push2Run?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

The icon to the left of the minimize button (in all of my windows) is from a program called DisplayFusion. that button moves the corresponding window to the next display in a multi-display setup.

I can try without the pushbullet popups, but I doubt that's the problem. On a successful push, the popup appears only briefly. then push2run runs the command. After that screenshot, i pushed the exact same command, without dismissing the pushbullet popup, and it successfully locked the PC. The popup only stays open, if push2run doesn't accept the push.

Edit: The failure I posted is the only failure I've seen since updating. Are there error logs of some sort to look at, other than just the session log?
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

There is just the session log.

Push2Run connects to Pushbullet servers using the user's access token and then when the Pushbullet server reports a push for the user then Push2Run reports it in the session log and reacts to it as needed.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

this is still an issue in 2.1.2. Seems like it always fails, if P2R's window is visible, and randomly fails if the window is sent to the tray.

In the last 5 minutes, I sent the same push 10 times, and it showed in the log just twice, both were successful.

Push2Run failure rate (This test) 80%
PuishBullet failure rate (This test) 0%

I have to repeat pushes multiple times quite often to get P2R to execute the given command.

Some troubleshooting info for you:
Winver: Windows 10-1809 Pro
P2R Ver: 2.1.2
PushBullet Ver: automatically updates to latest (currently 399)
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel