Push2Run doesn't always receive commands

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jasoncollege24

Push2Run doesn't always receive commands

Post by jasoncollege24 »

OS is Windows 10 Pro, fully up-to-date. Voice device is a Google Mini.

I've setup the Push2Run program to do 3 different things so far. When I give the commands, it seems to only work some of the time. Other times, there is no indication at all that Push2Run even received the given command. (eg nothing at all shows in the session log, or status bar at the bottom, despite a successful note being sent to pushbullet)
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Push2Run doesn't always receive commands

Post by RobLatour »

Interesting,

Can you please go to https://ifttt.com/activity - do you see any 'Applet failed' events? If yes, what is the associated message?

Also, when it does work do you see a PushBullet pop-up briefly appear on your PC's screen which gets automatically dismissed? If yes, when it doesn't work do you see a pop-up appear that you manually need to dismiss?

Finally, can you please ensure you are running the current version of the program (v1.9).

Thanks
Caf

Post by Caf »

Hello guys,
i'm having the same probleming with it working once of 10 or something like that. I've check in the IFTTT activity but when it doesn't work there's no trace of any request to app, I couldn't find the pushbullet history to check there too.

What could it be?
Thanks for supporting :)
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

You will only see the history in the IFTTT activity log if there is a match to what you said to your Google device - can you please double check the phrase IFTTT is listening for + also the spelling of it. IFTTT matches near 100% of the time for me.
Caf

Post by Caf »

Today i tried 394875938457 combinations of everything and in the end you were right it was about the sentence i used for the command, i'm using italian and it found hard to spell some article ^^
Great program, thanks for creating it :)
I'll surely join to develop stuffs to improve it
mserda

Post by mserda »

A little late this this thread but I am running into some issues. I used to use Push2Run a few months back and never seemed to have issues. However I set everything up and ran through the set up procedure on the website. I tested the actual commands in the Push2Run window itself and they execute flawlessly. However when I tell my Google Assistant to do something, nothing happen on my computer. I went and looked at my IFTTT activity logs and seen that there are two errors being given. The two of them are "Account has not been in use for over a month" and "Action skipped after 5 action errors." Does this mean just make new accounts or is there some kind of re-verification I can do?

Thanks for your time
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Although I have never run into this before at least one other poster has ( viewtopic.php?t=201 ). I googled it again just now, seems to be a by design thing by PushBullet - but with no clear resolution path. Perhaps you can try e-mailing them for support, or setting up another account?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

I'm really late on this. I had managed to fix it before, but now that I've recently reinstalled Windows, I can't remember how.

Version is 2.0.5

it's not about the commands in my case. When push2run fails, pushbullet notifications still appear, but are not automatically dismissed.
push2run is not being run as admin.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel