Wake up on Lan (turn on your computer)

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Wake up on Lan (turn on your computer)

Post by RobLatour »

The Wake up on LAN card can be used on a running computer to wake up (turn on) another computer.

This card is used with Nirsoft's Wakemeonlan software which you can download here:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html

Please take care to read the Description and System Requirements And Limitations sections of the above website, as they provide you needed information for successfully using the WakeMeOnLan software.

Instructions for use with Push2Run:

In this example, I have two computers: one which is always running, called BASEMENTPC, and which I want to be able to turn on, called ROBSPC

To set this up:

1. make sure the computer you want to wake up (in my case ROBSPC) is on
2. download, install, and run the WakeMeOnLan software onto the computer that will be always running (in my case BASEMENT PC)
3. when the WakeMeOnLan software is run it will inventory your connected devices, in my case one of those devices is ROBSPC
4. exit the WakeMeOnLan software
5. download the attached Wake up on LAN Push2Run card onto the computer that will be always running
6. drag the Wake up on LAN Push2Run card into the Push2Run main window of the computer that will be always running
7. change the name of the computer in the Parameters field to the name of your computer that you want to wake up
8. setup and IFTTT card to send a Pushbullet notification when you say something like "Turn on my office computer"
9. the Pushbullet notification should have a title that matches the Push2Run - Options - Pushbullet - Title filter of your always on computer
10. the Pushbullet notification should have a text that matches the Push2Run Wake up on LAN card's Listen for field

That's it, you can give it a try. I've been using this for a few weeks now and so far it has proven 100% reliable.
Attachments
Wake up on LAN.P2R
(517 Bytes) Downloaded 1675 times
Louis

Re: Wake up on Lan (turn on your computer)

Post by Louis »

Hi!
First I want to thank you for the amazing software you've done, I'm French and this software is very useful to me. But now I want to turn on my pc without any other pc, do you have a solution for this? (I have wake on lan)
Yours faithfully
Louis Lebrun
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for your kind words about the program, I hope it will be of use to you.

If you don't have an extra PC to work with, but do have an Android smartphone, then here is another configuration (not involving Push2Run) that should work for your https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD6lCh7Uhq8 .

I used this myself before I wrote Push2Run and found it worked well enough, but when my phone's wifi wasn't connected it would work and I wouldn't know until I got down to where my computer is.

In any case, hope this helps.
lazereagle

Post by lazereagle »

Hey Rob,

I'm having a lot of fun with this program! I've tried this method, using tasker to wake on LAN, and it works great. But Push2Run doesn't really do anything unless the target PC is awake, so ideally I'd like to wake the PC before *every* other P2R command (except the one that tells my PC to go to sleep, I guess!).

Is there a way to do this? Either append a WOL command to the default push, or whenever I say "Tell my PC to $" have IFTTT send 2 different pushes, one to wake the PC and the second one to do $?

Thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for your kind words about the program.

If using Push2Run, you need at least one computer in your network that is awake to have Push2Run to tell the others to wake up.

You can set up a special IFTTT request to send a PushBullet note that has all the computers names in your network listed in the PushBullet Note title.
In this way, all your computers (that are on) will run the Wake Up On LAN commands (each waking up the others). In this way, as long as at least one computer is on, the others will be woken up.
lazereagle

Post by lazereagle »

Thanks. I set up a task on Tasker to send a packet from my phone. This is really helpful in conjunction with Google Home routines. I have a routine called "watch netflix" now. So when I say "Hey Google, watch Netflix" it

- Sends a Pushbullet push to my phone, which triggers Tasker to Wake the PC.
- Sends a command to Harmony, which turns on my TV and receiver, and dims the lights
- Sends a second push to P2R, which starts Netflix.

This is awesome!
nabeel

Post by nabeel »

how can i wake-up multiple computer from list.

how should i add parameters?
nabeel

Post by nabeel »

RobLatour wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm
1. make sure the computer you want to wake up (in my case ROBSPC) is on

That's it, you can give it a try. I've been using this for a few weeks now and so far it has proven 100% reliable.
How to wake-up multiple PC's?
how should i add parameters.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

take a look at
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html

under where it says:
Turn On a Computer From Command-Line
Devron27

Post by Devron27 »

Can this be done without a second computer? On a cellphone, for example? Thanks!