VLC Control (play, pause, stop, next, previous, radios...)

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Zabuel

VLC Control (play, pause, stop, next, previous, radios...)

Post by Zabuel »

Hi !

Here is a small archive containing :

- Cards for vlc control (play, pause, stop, volume up/down exemple in batch files)
- Cards for listening to french radios (but you can customize with other streams)

Installation :

1 - Download and Install autohotkey here (light script making application) : https://www.autohotkey.com/
2 - Edit VlcControl.ahk with notepad and change
  • vlcTitle (name of window when launching vlc with no parameters)
  • vlcPath (path of vlc executable)
3 - Save > right click your script > Compile > You have your executable
4 - Install cards and adjust path in Open Column
5 - Try it

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xhvkq ... WyR0phKuhP :
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: VLC Control (play, pause, stop, next, previous, radios...)

Post by RobLatour »

Very clever, thanks very much for posting this!

Note, WIndows users with their language set to English will need to go into Zabuel's VlcControl.ahk file and change the VLC.exe program location to where it is stored on thier hard drive, for example, C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

Also, if you don't already have VLC installed, you can get it from here for free: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
cybermousey

Post by cybermousey »

Does this still work, and also I find the instruction a bit vague. Can someone really spell it out for me step by step on how to set this up.
I'm not sure what option to select for installing autohotkey. I dont understand how to install or where to install "cards". I don't know what I'm support to do after creating the EXE. I'm technically included, but the steps are not 100% clear.

Thank you in advance
Lestat-1967

Post by Lestat-1967 »

Hey Zabuel Thanks for the VLC controls they work great ... just one query the volume controls seem to control system volume not VLC player volume is this correct or have i done something wrong ??? :D
Lesty

Post by Lesty »

is VlcControl.ahk an existing script or am I supposed to create it for ahk? I can't figure out how to get the script working, so if you could point me in the right direction as far as what lines need to be in the script I would appreciate it.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

If you follow Zabule's link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... WyR0phKuhP

you will see a list of files, but above the list of files you will see a folder entitled cclControlExe

click on that folder name, and you will see another list of files. One of those files is the VlcControl.ahk file that you are looking for.
Lesty

Post by Lesty »

Thank you! Okay now it will pause and play VLC, but it minimizes VLC in the process. Why is it doing that?

Also, how can I get it to work with VLC when I am casting onto my TV with ChromeCast? DO I need to change the Title in the vlcControl script?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

On your Push2Run card, near the bottom left, where it says 'Window state', does it say 'Minimized'.

If yes, you might want to change it to 'Normal'.
Elric

Post by Elric »

Hi,

I have the same issue of windows minimizing, even if I set up to normal or anything else.

Any ideas?

Thanks
vlahosp

Post by vlahosp »

Edit vlcControl.ahk
Delete the last line " WinMinimize". Don't forget to compile and run.
Problem solved ;) ;) ;)