Resolved - There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
RobLatour
Site Admin

Resolved - There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by RobLatour »

There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of the evening of Feb 23

Pushbullet - has confirmed the issue is on their end: https://www.reddit.com/r/PushBullet/com ... it-android
guzba
pushbullet dev
1 point
·
1 hour ago
We have had to update our SSL certificate due to its expiring very soon. All services have taken the new cert just fine other than our Windows desktop app.

We have found the issue in Windows .NET and a workaround which we will have out very soon. Unfortunately we need to wait to get a new signing certificate for our Windows app to prevent virus scan issues incorrectly flagging it as a virus. Once we get that, the update will be out asap. Should not be more than 24 hours.
I would ask that you please do not open further new topics in the forum on this issue. However, you are welcome to find out more information and post comments on the existing topic here: https://www.push2run.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=654

Thanks, Rob
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by RobLatour »

Ran a check this morning (6:30 est) and Pushbullet (and with it Push2Run) are working normally again.
Disorder

Re: RESOLVED - There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by Disorder »

Yes, even for me from today February 25 is working
jony

Re: RESOLVED - There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by jony »

Is the connection intermittent for anyone else (i.e., it works fine for a few hours then drops off, tries to reconnect, etc.)?

I'm in the unfortunate position of having upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 just a few hours before this Pushbullet issue popped up... So I can't tell whether Pushbullet is still being iffy or if the version upgrade is not agreeing with my machine.

Thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by RobLatour »

Looks like Pushbullet is having problems again.

This is not a Push2Run problem, all versions of Push2Run will behave the same in relation to this.

Just need to wait Pushbullet out on this I guess.
jasoncollege24

Re: There is a known issue with Push2Run connecting to Pushbulled as of late Feb 23

Post by jasoncollege24 »

When the issue first started, I downgraded one of my machines to 2.0.5 to see if it was a problem with 2.1.1, and I can confirm it's the same there too, so I'd say yes that it's happening to everyone with Push2Run
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
trusselo

Post by trusselo »

Still not working at all for me.
I just found Push2Run, 1 day before PushBullet broke it....

Now been working less days than its been broken
Grigorius

Post by Grigorius »

Is there any hint when will this finally be fixed?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Pushbullet has emailed me to say they had made a change, but would temporarily enable something to smooth out the transition. I've taken them up on the offer, and will try to update the code asap.
jony

Post by jony »

From https://old.reddit.com/r/PushBullet/com ... ing_again/:
Yesterday we did start requiring that connections to websocket / our streaming service for live updates use TLS 1.2 for security.
That explains it.
Pushbullet has emailed me to say they had made a change, but would temporarily enable something to smooth out the transition.
Great that Pushbullet is doing this! A proxy would be another short-term alternative.