Keeps restarting

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
Smee8576

Re: Keeps restarting

Post by Smee8576 »

Oh, just noticed this as well. Although I ran the application and received the error I posted, the application remained running in the background. I don't see the Push2Run interface anywhere. It disappeared once I hit OK and I assumed the application exited. I don't even see a systray icon for that matter. Very curious. The application actually seems to be working despite the fact there is no interface to be seen.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

The program was originally written and tested to work with Windows 10, I then made changes to fix the restart error for WIndows 7; I haven't tested or updated it for Windows 2008 which was given a mainstream end of life by Microsoft of 2015 and will be completely unsupported in six months ( https://sandstormit.com/windows-server- ... -is-near/ ). I'd recommend trying to (re)install the dot net framework 4.6.2 and if that doesn't work you might want to try the program on a Windows 10 machine.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hi Smee.

What if you were to try creating a shortcut to the executable, then going into its properties and running it with admin rights ?

Also, the error message does look like a .net error message. There is a tool from MS that repairs .net errors :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downloa ... x?id=30135
Smee8576

Post by Smee8576 »

Hi Warrior,

Tried that, but didn't seem to help. I'm not sure the .Net repair is going to do anything. I have other .Net applications which are running without issue. I also ran it in compatibility mode and still no go. It has something to do with running it with an admin account on the console. If I RDP to the box and run the application, then no issue other than I'm prompted for admin credentials to run in admin mode. I'm going to try creating a RunAs script using a non-admin account to see if that helps any.
Smee8576

Post by Smee8576 »

Rob,

Just an FYI, I had more time to look at the application today and found that the reason Push2Run was coming up with that crazy error I posted earlier was because Push2Run could not locate Push2RunReloader.exe. So I added an entry for the following key to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Push2RunReloader.exe]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Push2Run\\Push2RunReloader.exe"

The error went away, but of course all that did was cause Push2Run to start restarting all over again. So then I compared the user.config file between an account that was running via fine via RDP with UAC enabled and the console account. I noticed that the StartBossAsAdministratorByDefault was set to false on the account running via the console. I set that to true and tried again. Well, It's working now with no restarts at all. Hurray! :lol: BTW, I don't know if it matters, but I saw that the application was also having issues finding SQLite.Interop.dll, however that wasn't causing any errors that I know of.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Glad you got it working.

The file:
SQLite.Interop.dll
should be in
C:\Program Files\Push2Run

It should be needed for the program to access its own database - so I guess it's finding it someplace (?)
Smee8576

Post by Smee8576 »

Rob,

Not sure why. Maybe a pathing issue similar to what I experienced with Push2RunReLoader.exe. Seems unique to my setup. I saw that it was trying to find it in C:\Program Files\Push2Run\x86 so I placed a copy of what you had in C:\Program Files\Push2Run in x86 and the file not found messages went away. I was using process monitor to see what the application was doing in the background which is where I saw what it was looking for.