Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jasoncollege24

Re: Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Post by jasoncollege24 »

I had to restart my computer a few times in the last week, but after 2 days of constant uptime, the newest P2R beta is again eating as much CPU time as it can, so the app you used to create it may not be the cause.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - thanks
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

So... had another crash yesterday, and MAY have found the culprit.

The facebook UWP app for Windows comes with an executable that is supposed to be game related for the app. I noticed it doing weird things alongside P2R yesterday, and had to end both it, and P2R. The executable is WinUAPEntry.exe.

I've completely removed the facebook UWP app, and am testing again.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:03 pmI've completely removed the facebook UWP app, and am testing again.
Hmm - I don't actually use that program.

Not had any crashes for ages though now.
Last edited by Warrior on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

went away for a few days, and came back to it crashing. so now since you've not had any crashes, I'm wondering what's different, aside from the new beta.

Have you issued any commands, and then let it sit? I've been issuing commands to mine multiple times daily, some of which include running a command line for a program that changes my display configs (Resolution, and which displays are active), plus one windows command that locks my PC.

I also do a lot of resolution changes for gaming, and part of me still wonders if there might be some correlation.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:41 pmHave you issued any commands, and then let it sit?
Not on this machine - I loaded the newer version then used it the same way - still no CPU problems.

The other laptop it runs on is mostly unattended and reboots daily. I've not seen it play up on that one before.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Warrior wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 am Not on this machine - I loaded the newer version then used it the same way - still no CPU problems.
have you changed anything else on that PC?
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Nope. Everything else is the same.

Win7 x64
russkinguk

Post by russkinguk »

Googling “Push2Run 100% CPU usage” brought me here so as you can probably guess, I’m getting this issue also. Shame as the app is otherwise fantastic! Kudos Rob!

So, having read this thread a couple of similarities jump out at me. The 48 hours thing seems to be a thing. Happens to me also after some period of time on a machine that was otherwise idle.

Switching resolutions. Check! I’m using MonitorProfileSwitcher to switch resolutions and indeed, some of my Push2Run tasks execute this tool via a batch file. I don’t see the cpu utilisation jump to 100% straight away however, only after some period of being idle then coming back to the machine.

I think my next test (unless this has already been done?) is to remove all my own custom Push2Run tasks and just have the simple notepad example task listening. This may help isolate whether it’s the main program shell or the individual tasks that cause the issue.

The only other suspicion I have at present is the problem may be aggravated by network traffic. Unrelated to Push2Run, this machine has been calling a lot of apis. I don’t know how Push2Run is architected but if Push2Run is sitting there listening to ports and there is a great amount of traffic or ports opening and closing, could that throw it into a spin? I guess netstat and tasklist will help identify that the next time this happens.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Russkinguk,

Thanks for reporting the problem, I have a beta here that others have tried. It may help, it may not?

https://6ec1f0a2f74d4d0c2019-591364a760 ... 23beta.exe

The program does listed on a websocket, but its specific to Pushbullet. It also listens internally on your network for udp port 10410 - for when instances of it talk to other instances (used to ensure only one instance is running at time).

Rob