Pushbullet inactive account after a month

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
RobLatour
Site Admin

Pushbullet inactive account after a month

Post by RobLatour »

I've gotten a few reports now that every 31 days, or so, Push2Run stops receiving the commands that are sent through Pushbullet and IFTTT.

The problem seems to be that after a month, IFTTT shows where it got the voice command, but says "Applet failed . . . Pushbellet error: Account has not been used in over a month."

I have reported this to Pushbullet and it is something they may look into further in the future, but it is their way of dealing with abandoned accounts.

Since then, other clients have told me that when this happens they get an e-mail alert and all they need to do is click on a link to resolve the issue, while others have reported they didn’t get an e-mail. So if this does happen to you, please first look for an e-mail from Pushbullet to resolve the immediate issue.

One other client has discovered, and shared with me today, a simple workaround -- logging into IFTTT, turning off the Google Assistant Applet created for Push2Run, and then turning it back on. However, this has to be repeated every month.

If you want to do this, it might be an idea to set a reminder on your Google device as a prompt.

Myself, I haven't run into this problem at all. However, this is most likely because I have opted to pay for a subscription to Pushbullet Pro https://www.pushbullet.com/pro (of note:- I don't get a commission or anything like that for referring clients to Pushbullet - I'm just writing this to let you know it is an option). I've opted to pay for the subscription as I find the Pushbullet service very helpful + also I want help keep it alive for Push2Run sake.

The other option is to continue with the free Pushbullet service, and periodically deal with this issue as outlined above.

If anyone else knows of any simpler workarounds, please feel free to post here.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Pushbullet inactive account after a month

Post by RobLatour »

Just to close the loop on this, Pushbullet and I have been able to work together this week to help resolve this issue.

As a result, a new version of Push2Run with the following change has now been posted:

- Added functionality to automatically request PushBullet keep the client's PushBullet account active - this preventing the PushBullet account from being deactivated without manual intervention within a 31 day period. With this change, PushBullet accounts will remain active for 31 days since Push2Run was last run (with no manual intervention required).
aurelbdx

Post by aurelbdx »

it's a great news!! Thanks
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Thank you very much.