Runtime error

Here you are welcome to report any SetVol bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
Mux

Runtime error

Post by Mux »

Hi,

I've been loving P2R so far!
Just started looking into combining it with SetVol (V2.0).
It seems to work perfectly normal, the only issue I have is that every time I send a command (either through P2R or cmd) it gives a runtime error. After dismissing the error by pressing OK, the command gets processed correctly. I tried setting the .exe to run in administrator mode, but this doesn't seem to change anything.
I've done some google'ing, but can't seem to find an answer.
Hope someone can help me out!

RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error

Post by RobLatour »

Hmmm haven't seen this before.

Can you please try downloading and installing Microsoft's runtimeversion of dot net framework 4.6.2
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... ork/net462

Setvol uses this as part of its processing, may be something missing in your current setup.

Please let me know if this helps.

If it didn't help, can you please also confirm the version of Windows you are using?
angerint

Post by angerint »

I get this error also - I have dot net 4.8 with windows 10
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Do you have both a default sound input and output device set on your system?

Please right-click on the speaker icon in your systray, usually near your system clock at the bottom right-hand side, click on 'open sound settings' and then check what it says under 'choose your output device' and 'chose your input device'.
angerint

Post by angerint »

okay, seem to have fixed it. In Sound settings->Manage sound devices the input device was disabled - enabled the option that was there and now commands are working without the error :)

Thanks for the help!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I've just updated the program on the website so that it will give a better error message, basically saying ...
Error - it is likely either your default sound input or default sound output device is not set

Do you have both a default sound input and output device set on your system?

Please right-click on the speaker icon in your systray, usually near your system clock at the bottom right-hand side, click on 'open sound settings' and then check what it says under 'choose your output device' and 'chose your input device'.