Commands stopped getting passed on

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
aaazzz123dummy

Commands stopped getting passed on

Post by aaazzz123dummy »

Hi,
Earlier about a month ago, Push2Run was working perfectly.

But suddenly it stopped working and now my commands are not getting passed on.

I give command to Google Assistant.
Then IFTTT gives reply as "OK I told your computer to My_Command"

Now IFTTT should pass on this as a note to Pushbullet.

Then on my computer, Push2Run would recognize this and perform relevant actions.

But these actions are not getting passed on to my computer.
I am not seeing anything in the session logs.
It just has entry - Connection with Pushbullet established.

Nothing after that.

Has anything changed recently[Nov/Dec] regarding setup/how trigger is getting passed on?

Thank you for such a wonderful application.
Can't figure out how it stopped working out of nowhere.

Please help if you can.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Commands stopped getting passed on

Post by RobLatour »

If you are using a free Pushbullet account there is a limit of 500 pushes per month https://docs.pushbullet.com/

also, there is a known problem if you have a pushbullet account that you did not use for over 30 days, they lock you out. There does not seem to be a way to reset it. The workaround is to open a new account, associated to another email id, and then create a new access token and use it.

Perhaps one of these could be impacting you?
n01a

Post by n01a »

didn't know about the 500 limit, i have got to trim down some applet
siouip

Post by siouip »

Hi,

I have kind of the same problem.
The link from Google home to IFTTT to Pushbullet works, but from Pushbullet to Push2run nothing happens.

I have no clue on what to do.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Are you using a pushbullet account that hasn't been used in 30 days? If yes, this is a known problem with pushbullet and you need to create a new pushbullet account and use it (and its associated new pushbullet access token) instead of your current one.
GordThompson

Post by GordThompson »

RobLatour wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm Are you using a pushbullet account that hasn't been used in 30 days? If yes, this is a known problem with pushbullet and you need to create a new pushbullet account and use it (and its associated new pushbullet access token) instead of your current one.
I encountered this problem a few days ago. I had created my Pushbullet account with my Google credentials and I didn't want to create a new account with a different e-mail address so I deleted the "expired" Pushbullet account and then created a new one with the same Google credentials. I copied the new access token and pasted it into Push2Run.

Then I logged into IFTTT, selected the "tell my computer to $" applet, and clicked the "Check Now" button. IFTTT had no complaints and everything looked fine, so I logged out of IFTTT. However, Google Home was still unable to launch the Windows Calculator (calc.exe). When I logged back in to IFTTT my applet now said that there was a problem (don't remember the exact wording, sorry) and offered me a button to click to fix it. That took me to the page that says something like "Pushbullet needs permission to link to your Google account" and I agreed. Then Google Home was able to launch the Windows Calculator.

TL;DR: You still need to create a new Pushbullet account, but you can delete the old one first and then use the same credentials to create a new one.

(Rob: If you know the correct wordings of the messages cited above please feel free to correct them.)
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Gord: Thanks very much for posting this, I'm sure it will be of help to others. Rob
Elric

Post by Elric »

I have exactly the same issue. Just upgraded to a pro pushbullet so I don't want to delete it but upgrading did not fixed the issue..

What should I do?

Thanks
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Can you take a look at your session log, if you are not getting anything passed over to Push2Run and if you have upgraded to pushbullet pro and they have discontinued your account, I would suggest contacting them directly at
https://www.pushbullet.com/support

If however, you are getting a message that says 'no matching active phrases' try upgrading to the most current version of Push2Run (v2.5.3)