Pushover Requires Manual Authentication After Computer Restart

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jumpa23

Pushover Requires Manual Authentication After Computer Restart

Post by jumpa23 »

Didn't have the issue the first time i restarted my computer, but pretty much ever since then, push2run starts up with windows, and my commands are in there, it's just got the red icon in the toolbar and says on the bottom of the push2run window that it was unable to authenticate Pushover. So i go into the options and i manually authenticate and everything's all fine and dandy.

Is that just the way it's supposed to run?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Pushover Requires Manual Authentication After Computer Restart

Post by RobLatour »

Push2Run should remember your Pushover setup information.

If you are only using Pushover, you should ensure the 'enable Pushover' box is checked in the Options - Pushover window. If you are not using Pushbullet, you should ensure the 'enable Pushbullet' option is not checked in the Options - Pushbullet window.

If you exit and restart the program, or shutdown and restart, or reboot your computer all these settings should be remembered.

If that is not happening my best guess is that for some reason your PC is not letting Push2Run update its settings file. This should however normally be allowed. The location of your settings file can be found in the Options - Settings and Database window.

If this is your problem, to get around it in the short term you can probably start Push2Run as an administrator, and make your settings (authenticate Pushover etc.) and then once done exit and restart Push2Run. This should however not be a required step and normally you Push2Run should have the needed permissions to update its own setting file.

Hope this helps.