Dropbox Push2Run not working

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
gnajom3

Dropbox Push2Run not working

Post by gnajom3 »

Hello! :D
i installed Push2Run today, setup all options, IFTTT, dropbox. i just tested it, it doesn't seem to work.
the session manager says the filename is wrong, but it it exactly the same. (image below) can somebody help? thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Dropbox Push2Run not working

Post by RobLatour »

Can you please also post a screenshot of your IFTTT applet, its the Dropbox part that I am most interested in.

Also the contents of the file that is being created, I'm wondering if it is empty.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I just ran a test, if the incoming file is empty then it will generate the error you are seeing.

Please double check your ifttt applet against the instructions here: https://push2run.com/setup_dropbox.html I suspect it is just not being created correctly.
mdugan90

Post by mdugan90 »

Hate to hijack a thread - Im also experiencing this. My Text file is not empty when it shows up...

Push2Run_PC
start the calculator

^^ Is what i end up with in the txt file. Logs show it detects the new file but the name is not what is expected.
The kicker is that the names in the options of the program and the IFTTT output were copied and pasted, to ensure no spelling mistakes or random spaces, etc...

Thanks for your time!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Not sure what you mean by
Logs show it detects the new file but the name is not what is expected.
also can you please confirm what the file name is which you using (including the pathname)?

Can you please copy and paste your log entry into your next response?
mousejisoo

Post by mousejisoo »

I am having the same issue. File name is not recognized. The app is creating command.txt(1) and command.txt(2). With first command.txt, it won’t open the calculator.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Mousejisso:

1. Please ensure your folder path in the Push2Run - Options - Dropbox folder path, is correct. For example, mine is:

C:\Users\Rob Latour\Dropbox\Apps\Push2Run\

for the above please note the direction of the slashes ("\"), as well the folder path ends with a slash.

2. Additionally, please ensure your folder path in your IFTTT applet is correct, for example, mine is:

Apps/Push2Run

for the above please note the direction of the slash ("/") is in the opposite direction as found in the settings (but what IFTTT requires). As well the folder path does not end with a slash

3. If this resolves your problem, great, and I would appreciate it if you could post back here. Otherwise, if this does not resolve your problem, please copy and paste your log entries into your next response as well as a screenshot of your IFTTT applet (most specifically the dropbox part).
james.swan

Post by james.swan »

I was having the same problem and I can confirm that the solution for me was adding a backslash to the end of the Dropbox folder path in Push2Run options