Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
Smee8576

Re: Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Post by Smee8576 »

Rob,

I just noticed as well that push2run was running at 63% CPU. When I restarted, it was running at 12-14%. I just installed the beta an it is running below 1% which is definitely much better. Thanks for the beta!

Smee
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - good to hear

I just updated the program on the Website in general release to version 2.3; this update includes the change for approaching memory management differently (as per the most recent beta).

Please continue to post with your experience; this has been a hard issue to resolve and I am not yet sure it is fully put to bed (it appears to only be happening for a few people, and I've not been able to recreate the problem myself).
russkinguk

Post by russkinguk »

Bad news from me I’m afraid. I was hopeful as the machine had been running the new beta for about three days without issue but I came to use the machine tonight and Push2Run was pegging the cpu at 100%. I had to force close via task manager to get the system back.

I needed to use the machine so no opportunity to diagnose this time I’m afraid.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Hi rsskinguk,

the new generally released version I posted today was built with an updated version of MS visual basic tool - don't know if it will make a difference over the beta?
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

P2R 2.3

I rebooted a few days ago.

I never issued it any commands.

Seemed to take 24 hours for it to do it.

Hasn't been a problem for ages - but then this was installed 12 days ago ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -kb4514602

Clip0001.jpg
Clip0001.jpg (208.38 KiB) Viewed 35984 times
crappyt

Post by crappyt »

Hi guys,

Recently installed the latest version again after having this CPU issue at the time. Still an issue today. Anybody else still have issues?

RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

There haven't been any more reports on this in a while, and I still haven't seen it myself. However, here is something you can try given you have been using the program for a long time...

In the most recent release, support has been added for triggering from Dropbox. Perhaps you can set Push2Run up to disable triggering from Pushbullet or Pushover (whichever you are using), and enable support for triggering by Dropbox instead.

The key differences between the services, insofar as Push2Run is concerned, are listed here: https://push2run.com/setup.html

The setup process for Dropbox is described here https://push2run.com/setup_dropbox.html

I hope this helps and would be interested to know if it does.
crappyt

Post by crappyt »

Thanks for the quick response! Was actually not on 3.0 yet. Will try on 3.0 for a while and Dropbox as well.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

I know it's been a good while since you've heard from me here, but I've gone through multiple installs of Windows, and two major system upgrades. My file server has also been changed to Linux, so no longer runs this app.

Before the hardware upgrades, I had an unrelated issue that caused me to wipe my system, and install Windows fresh. This is the first time I've reinstalled the app, since then.

My hardware has changed drastically, (it's a completely different PC at this point), but how I use it hasn't. With this new setup, I've installed P2R's latest version, (3.0.3).

PC uptime is more than 7 days
P2R uptime is more than 3 days
API in use is PushBullet
Stability has not been compromised

I'm posting here today, because I'm happy to report no issues of any kind with P2R, since installing, and running it 3 days ago. I will keep an eye on it, and let you know if it happens on this machine.

Thanks again for the great app, Rob!
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for the update! Cheers, Rob