Open website and cast to chromecast

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Snap

Open website and cast to chromecast

Post by Snap »

Hi, Noob here

I think this piece of software is amazing and open up so many possibilities. I have the need to cast a personal dashboard in the mornings to my TV. Currently there is no apps that can do this, so I am thinking of using my pc and this software to do the following on a voice command.

1. Open a url in chrome - have a card to do this already
2. Cast the chrome tab to 'family room tv' - can this be done? Some sort of script?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Open website and cast to chromecast

Post by RobLatour »

Well, you can certainly have Push2Run open a website, but in terms of casting - as far as I know, you can only cast movie or sound files (or with the cast program - text files (which are actually just text files converted to sound files and then cast). The sound or movie files can be a file on your PC or a url.

If you can provide a list of the urls to the movie and or sound files you would like to cast, yes it should be simple to add those to a script to be cast in sequence.

For more on the cast program, please visit: https://rlatour.com/cast/
Snap

Post by Snap »

Thank you for the reply, I managed to find autohotkey. So you can put together the script in there - and send a key stroke or run the script.

This allowed me to cast a tab from chrome with a specific url. I then have a chrome add-in that can rotate urls to show different reports. Have not completely finished it but should work in theory. Autohotkey script is very low level (move mouse to x,y and click here etc) so could potentially fall over.
TerryHiggins

Post by TerryHiggins »

Was curious if you got this worked out because I sure would use it i believe. If you feel like sharing, please do

Terry
NoobMasterTrojan

Post by NoobMasterTrojan »

Code: Select all

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "%"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "{C}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
Create this *.vbs file and run this from push2run. It will cast the current google chrome tab. You might need some modifications to make it faster or cast to a specific speaker. I only have one speaker. This vbs file basically goes to the cast button from youtube and chooses the appropriate speaker you want to cast to. For more information on sendkeys, go to https://devguru.com/content/technologie ... dkeys.html
Last edited by NoobMasterTrojan on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.