Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jebus1967

Empty inventory list?

Post by jebus1967 »

Hi OK, I followed all the Push2Run instructions right up until this part:

cd "Program Files\Cast"
cast -inventory

Which going by the account on this page: https://www.push2run.com/usingcast.html , should show a list of my connected speakers. Everything has gone very smoothly up until this point - and I could even ask my Google home speakers to open the calculator on my PC, so that part has at least gone right. But when I run the list inventory command in the cast part of these instructions, all that's present there is the PC that cast is running on. I have 4 Google Home/Nest Speakers (and 1 Alexa), None of the Google devices are visible.

Is there any way this can be fixed? Thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Empty inventory list?

Post by RobLatour »

are your google devices on the same network?
jebus1967

Post by jebus1967 »

I had unplugged a network cable while doing some configuring. But that's all it was.

Now I have a different problem. It has just stopped working completely. It was working fine last night - and then when I woke up today it has just ceased to function. For now I only want it to do one thing, which is to turn off my computer. I already use Pushbullet to turn my computer on via wake on lan with another tutorial I read, so I do know Pushbullet works. I just want to close the circle and be able to turn my computer on and off with my voice.

I didn't change anything. It just stopped working.
Last edited by jebus1967 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

take a look in your Session log, if the reason isn't clear can you please paste a copy of the contents of your Session log in a reply post here (after you have issued the command to your google home).