Multiple PCs on Home Network

Here you are welcome to post Push2Run feature requests
Jimensue

Multiple PCs on Home Network

Post by Jimensue »

Firstly your app is fantastic and the potential I personally think is unimaginable. I am disabled and this app is a real Godsend to me.

Is there a way to use multiple pcs on the same network by using the pcs lan name as I use old pcs for my plex server it would save a lot of power being able to wake up a particular pc with the media type I want to use at the time and also my regular pc I use for my everyday stuff independent of each other?

Thanks
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Multiple PCs on Home Network

Post by RobLatour »

Glad the program is of help to you!

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but if you are asking if you can have the program run on more that one computer on your network (say computers a, b, and c) and have them all controlled independently - then yes, you can do that.

For instructions, please see the section entitled "Pushbullet - Title Filter"' at https://push2run.com/help_v2.4.0.0.html
Mherber2

Re: Multiple PCs on Home Network

Post by Mherber2 »

Control of multiple PCs can also be done by using a single ifttt applet that uses a number ingredient and a text ingredient. This can be used to call each computer by a different number. For example, I am using 'hey google, have clone number 4 open netflix' or 'hey google, tell clone 83 i want some candy'. The one catch to this configuration is things like trying to use 'clone 2' as the speech to text interpreter often translates it to 'clone to' which lacks the number ingredient. My work around for this issue is not to use #2 to identify any computers. Below are my configurations for ifttt and push2run.

UPDATE: After testing and using the integration further, the trigger word 'clone #' works but is often misheard by the speech to text engine. Using trigger word 'system #' has greater chance of success and is less syllables then 'computer #' making is slightly faster to say.
if.JPG
if.JPG (69.47 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
then.JPG
then.JPG (41.25 KiB) Viewed 3489 times
push2run.JPG
push2run.JPG (40.9 KiB) Viewed 3489 times