IFTTT working principle

Here you are welcome to post Push2Run feature requests
Ivan_B

IFTTT working principle

Post by Ivan_B »

Hi all,
First of all i whant to thank the developer of push2run program. I like very much the concept.
What I have problems with is the use of IFTTT.

I am controlling one pc using the Google assistant on my android phone.

As far as I understand using IFTTT and pushbullet implies that basically I will be able to run only 3 commands with the actual free version.
Am I right? Is there a solution (free) for this issue?
Thank you
Ivan
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: IFTTT working principle

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks very much, glad you like the concept, hope the program will be of use to you.

Unfortunately, IFTTT has recently limited the number of applets you can use for free to three.

However, following the Push2Run setup instructions you only need to use one of those three applets. The applet that you create for use to Push2Run can be used to serve as a single generic way to trigger all pushes to Push2Run.

As for an alternative to IFTTT, for triggering the push based on a Google voice command - unfortunately, I don't of any.

However, to be clear, for Push2Run to do its job, all you need to do is find a way to send a push from your Pushbullet or Pushover account, or create a file in your dropbox director, in the same way IFTTT does.

Accordingly, I've found I can use on my Andriod phone an app called Tasker (paid app - onetime fee) to trigger a push. To be honest, I have not spent the time to fully figure out Tasker, but it does seem like it can be triggered not on Google voice commands but other types of events, like arriving at a location. So for example, using Tasker to send a push to Push2Run when you arrive home so that will have your computer, via Push2Run, start Outlook (or do something else perhaps more useful to you).

Hope this helps.
Ivan_B

Re: IFTTT working principle

Post by Ivan_B »

Thank you very much for your reply.
i will try to play more with Push2Run
best

Ivan