Keyboard Commands

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
MISTERDEHN

Keyboard Commands

Post by MISTERDEHN »

Total Newbie here (from Reddit), and I’m in slightly over my head.

I have been able to follow the tutorials and so far, I’ve turned a dead google mini in the closet into something really worth having... (which is what I am now using to control Itunes on a PC with!)

I tried following your calculator tutorial for the “keystrokes” but sadly bombed and cried in a corner.

At the moment the only commands I am attempting to “program” are Play/Pause which is the SpaceBar, and the Stop which us Ctrl + .

Is there a good resource you could point me at to be able to do so?

Thanks for putting this together. This has made my entire Saturday!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard Commands

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for your feedback - glad I was able to help bring your mini back from the grave :-)

I've actually been working on the calculator script example tonight and made some improvements that I will post shortly.

As for resources for .vbs scripts - here is one: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/vbscript/index.htm

However, another tool that you might want to look at is AutoIT https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/ which is free, very well documented and a little easier to use.
flyingpenguin

Re: Keyboard Commands

Post by flyingpenguin »

You could also just use AHK (AutoHotKey)

Its kinda a very simple verson of autoit.

Just install AHK, then make a new script file somewhere one your harddrive.

For example, pause play:

pause_play.ahk:

Code: Select all

SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
Send {Media_Play_Pause}
Exit
Once you have the file run it to make sure it works and auto closes.
Then right click the file and select "Compile Script" this should result in "pause_play.exe"
Now in Push2Run, simply put that path to your exe file, for example "C:\Users\Penguin\Nextcloud\Personal Programming\ahk\pause_play.exe"