Keystrokes and Keys to send

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
TerryHiggins

Keystrokes and Keys to send

Post by TerryHiggins »

I'm sorry Rob to bother you with such a trivial matter but I've just spent 2 hours trying to get a music program to start playing on its own immediately upon opening. I obviously don't understand what I know about keystrokes. I have tried both Music Bee and Media Monkey and used the appropriate shortcut keys. Both use Control P or the space bar to play and pause. Would you look at my card and see what's what? I just realized I dont even know how to copy and send a card........Here is what I have tried

{RIGHTCTRL}{P}

{RIGHTCTRL}{RELEASE}{P}

{SPACE}

Thank you in advance and wanted to tell you that Im still loving your creation
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Keystrokes and Keys to send

Post by RobLatour »

Hi Terry,

Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

While {RIGHTCTRL}{P} or {SPACE} look fine, you may find that you need to pause for two or three seconds to allow your program to fully load before having them sent. According, please give the following a try:

{WAIT999}{WAIT999}{WAIT999}{SPACE}

and let me know if that helped.

Also, if it did work, you can try shortening the wait times - wait times are in micro seconds where 1,000 ms = 1 second until you get an acceptable delay that allows everything to work fine.
TerryHiggins

Post by TerryHiggins »

No joy I'm afraid Rob. It just doesn't work. Since I was failing with that so terribly I decided to approach it from a different angle. I wrote a small bat file and was able to get it to perform as needed and of course push2run ran the bat file.

@echo off
START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe /play "C:\Users\Terry\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\TONI.xautopf"
exit
Attachments
Music Bee.p2r
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok, sorry I couldn't help you out further - but thanks for posting and including your solution, it may be of help to others!