Push2Run Application Force Closes (Presumably)

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
sj1765

Re: Push2Run Application Force Closes (Presumably)

Post by sj1765 »

Hmm, no luck. Still seems to be happening :(
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

hmmm is right.

I did some searching and found this link:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/keep-applic ... en-closed/

It gives options to monitor a program and restart it if it starts. To help bottom out the problem, you might want to give one of them a try.

Assuming the problem continues to repeats, and one of those programs could be used to restart Push2Run automatically, and you should then be able to look at Push2Run's Session log, now that it is being written to disk, and perhaps find a pattern with respect to the time it stops running (as each new restart will be logged in the session log).

From there perhaps we can find out what is causing it to fail.
sj1765

Post by sj1765 »

Cheers again, Rob. Have downloaded RoC and will see what happens. RoC also has a log file so I should be able to cross reference them. Thanks again! Much appreciated :)
GordThompson

Post by GordThompson »

My sister has been having a similar problem for the last month or so. Push2Run would just stop working and its icon disappeared from the system tray. It happened again this morning so I checked Windows' Application Log and found the attached entries. Apparently

Application: Push2Run.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Windows Application Log entries.zip
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

BTW, this was happening with an older version of Push2Run (v3.6.2). I just updated her copy to the latest version (3.7.1) so we'll see if that helps.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for letting me know and for the attachment.

Could you please ask that your sister go into Options - Session Log and check the option 'Write session log to disk'. This will keep the Push2Run session log preserved through program restarts and system reboots and shutdowns.

After that, if it happens again, if she doesn't mind could she please send me ( info@Push2Run.com ) a copy of her session log, or at least an excerpt out of it - including the last command that was processed correctly through to its end.

Would love to see if there are any further clues in the log as to what may have happened.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I just checked a server that I have that runs Push2Run on it 7/24. On that server, there was one (and only one) crash dump for Push2Run, but it seems to match the one you reported. It too was for an older version of the program, and the dump was dated September 14, 2021. Unfortunately, as it is so old I don't have any other info I can match it up with.

In any case, let's hope the new version works better for your sister - in version 3.7 the program was updated to work with a more recent version of Microsoft's dot net framework (version 4.8) so it is possible that change may be of help.