Relative audio adjustment not working

Here you are welcome to report any SetVol bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
LimaLoring

Relative audio adjustment not working

Post by LimaLoring »

Hi. I tried setting up SetVol to adjust my computer's audio output by 5% steps, but couldn't get it to work.

First, I tried setting it to be run by P2R, and afterwards tried running it directly from command line. (Tried both with and without running as administrator, same results) My file location is C:\Program Files\SetVol. Here are my results:

For any command that uses the + parameter, eg 'SetVol.exe +5', 'SetVol.exe +7', 'SetVol.exe +five' the program sets the volume to the given number. For example, +5 just sets the computer audio level to 5%, regardless of what the previous audio level was.
For any command that uses the - parameter, the volume is set to 0%.

It seems like the program might be getting a read error when trying to access the current audio level, defaults to thinking the current volume is at 0%, and sets the audio level accordingly?

My sound playback hardware is a simple USB to 3.5mm jack adapter, its properties does not appear to show any odd multi-channel shenanigans. For good measure I also tried enabling one of my screens' audio devices and set that to be the default playback device, and had the exact same issue.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Relative audio adjustment not working

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for letting me know, I just ran a test and getting the same problem - a bug must have creeped in - I'll post back here when its fixed.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks again for letting me know about this.

It is now corrected.

You can download the updated program from the website: https://rlatour.com/setvol
LimaLoring

Post by LimaLoring »

Sorry about taking a while to respond. I can confirm that the issue has been fixed on my end as well. Thank you so much!