Someone is at the front door

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Someone is at the front door

Post by RobLatour »

This card below is an example use of Push2Run's new ability, as of version 4, to react to MQTT messages.

The context for this card is as follows:

My Google Nest Doorbell cam can detect the presence of a person at my front door. They don't have to press the doorbell button, they just need to get close enough for the Doorbell cam to recognize that they are a person.

I have Home Assistant setup and running MQTT Mosquito broker. Additionally, the doorbell cam is linked to Home Assistant following the instructions and video here.

Now when my doorbell cam detects a person, it publishes a message via the MQTT broker running on Home Assistant.

Push2Run has subscribed to that message in the Push2Run - Options - MQTT window, and when it happens this card displays a Windows notification saying someone is at the front door.

The program that Push2Run opens to generate the Windows notification is NotifyOnDemand. NotifyOnDemand is another freeware program I have written, and you are welcome to find out more about it / get a copy from here: https://rlatour.com/notifyondemand/

ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (73.36 KiB) Viewed 3444 times
Someone_is_at_the_front_door.p2r
(588 Bytes) Downloaded 304 times
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 3440 times