Windows 11...

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Cast
Crossley

Windows 11...

Post by Crossley »

Hey all,

I'm a huge fan of Push2Run - I use it to control my PC's power when in another room, I use it to open apps conveniently, I even use it to switch monitors from upstairs to downstairs. It's the best.

I've always found these applications to be quite sensitive to small changes (same is true for Automagic, Pushbullet, Pushover, etc) so I'm a little apprehensive about upgrading my PC to Windows 11. Any advice or forewarnings would be most welcomed.

Thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Windows 11...

Post by RobLatour »

Glad Push2Run is proving of good use to you, always happy to hear where it's helping out - and to know it has fans!

I've tested Push2Run on what was the latest insider preview version of W11 (prior to W11 being released) and it worked just fine.

Having that said, since W11 was released, I've found both my secondary machine and my virtual machine don't qualify for the final W11 upgrade. Also, as I'm waiting a bit for W11 to stabilize before upgrading my primary machine, the only platform I've had to test with is a Raspberry Pi.

It works fine on the Pi with Pushbullet; I haven't tested with Pushover or Dropbox yet - but I don't foresee any issues with either.

Here's a screenshot from this morning:
w11.jpg
w11.jpg (169.75 KiB) Viewed 5674 times
Hope this helps, please spread the good word about the program if you get a chance!
Crossley

Post by Crossley »

I'm nearly a year late but wanted to say thanks for your reply!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

lol - you're very welome