Stuck on the New Method for Google Assistant v2

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
REDDDDY

Stuck on the New Method for Google Assistant v2

Post by REDDDDY »

If you would like to do this too, then to get this to work go into the Google Home app on your phone, tap the 'Routines' icon, tap the colourful '+' sign in the bottom right of the screen, tap 'Add Starter', tap 'When I say to Google Assistant', enter phase you are working with but do not include the word 'activate' - for example "open the calculator" (without the quotes), tap 'Add starter', tap 'Add Action', tap 'Try adding your own', enter the same phase as above but this time be sure to include the 'activate' at the beginning of it - for example "activate open the calculator" (without the quotes), tap 'Done'.
FYI - I am trying to do this on an android smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro).
Upon opening Google Home App, I could not find the 'Routines' icon you mentioned above thus preventing me to proceed with the rest of the steps.

Please advise
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on the New Method for Google Assistant v2

Post by RobLatour »

I have an Android smartphone too (mine is however a Samsung). Here is where I am seeing the Routines icon to tap on:

routines.jpg
routines.jpg (67.1 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
If you're not seeing that on your screen, here is a link I found that may help:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/a ... languages.

within it there is a line that says "If Routines isn't present, follow these troubleshooting steps."

Hope that helps.
REDDDDY

Post by REDDDDY »

I could not find it by myself however I found a clever by asking Google Assistant itself to bring the menu up for me by saying,
OK Google, routine setting.

It will automatically say - opening a system routine and will bring up the Routines configurations page. :D
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Perfect, human intelligence triumphs over artificial intelligence once again!

I hope the rest goes well for you.