I need help :C

Here you are welcome to report any A Viewer for Windows bugs you may have encountered

If you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention it too
SantyTch

I need help :C

Post by SantyTch »

I have been using push2run for a while now, and everything worked excellent, but from one day to another it stopped working, it does not open in any way, neither with administrator privileges or anything like that, I am a little worried, I do not know if my windows has a virus, and I am worried about not being able to use push2run anymore, I have uninstalled it with uninstall apps, I tried to look for information in google, but I can't find anything, I don't know what else to do, I updated the drivers of my pc, and still nothing, I have Windows 11, (it is worth mentioning that before it worked normally, but I don't know what happened and now it doesn't work).
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: I need help :C

Post by RobLatour »

I assume you have rebooted your PC.

If yes, when you start Push2Run do you see it running in Windows task manger? If yes, can you try and end task it, and then try starting it up again.

Also, by chance, do you have a second monitor - one that is turned off - if yes, can you try turning it on to see if Push2Run is on the second screen.

Depending on what you say, we may need to look to see if you setting file has somehow gotten corrupted.

Your setting file should be stored in a folder such as this:
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Rob_Latour\Push2Run.exe_StrongName_s42jwjc3kcwndf0tsf1gyjic3sepo3t4\4.7.0.0
where the 'xxx' is your windows user id and the numbers and letters after 'StrongName_' are unique to your system.
(I know that's a crazy name for a folder, but its created to MS standards).

Also, by default, Windows hides the 'C:\Users\xxxx\AppData' so you need to copy and past that into your Windows Explore file path at the top of the Windows Exporer screen. So, for example, if your Windows id is 'JohnDoe', the then folder you would past into your Windows Explore file path at the top of the Windows Exporer screen would be 'C:\Users\JohnDoe\AppData

After that you should be able do drill down to the folder you need.

In it there will be a file called 'Read me.txt' which you can open for further instructions.

Please let me know if this helped.

Rob
SantyTch

Post by SantyTch »

u r a genius, thxxxxxx,I literally had called a technician, because I was thinking of formatting my computer, but I was able to solve it by resetting the configuration, thank you very much, do you know why this is happening?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Glad it worked for you.

No, I have no idea - perhaps a bad shutdown on your computer?

However, it has happened very rarely to others before, so I put the auto back up of your settings and database files in place as a precaution. I'm glad it paid off.

Hope you enjoy the program.

Cheers