Can't seem to cast to groups

Here you are welcome to report any Cast bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
frugalfilmmaker

Can't seem to cast to groups

Post by frugalfilmmaker »

Hey there!

Love the program, but when I try to cast to a group of speakers, the CLI text says I am successful, but there is no sound. I have no problem with singular speakers, so I know the format is correct. The groups do show up in the inventory, I just can't seem hear them when a -text is sent.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to cast to groups

Post by RobLatour »

I normally don't cast to groups myself, but can set this up for testing later today when all the sleepy people in my house wake up :-)

Having that said, here is a long thread where it at appears that for a time casting to groups seems to have no longer been supported by Google:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/ ... /m-p/86888

However, there does seem to be some resolution near the end of the post, perhaps you can see if that helps.

In any case, I will post back later with my results - unless you find a solution in the post above and provide a positive update here.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to cast to groups

Post by RobLatour »

Well I gave it a good try, but couldn't get it to work.
When casting to the device name of the group or ip address of the primary device in the group it only played on one speaker in the group.

I appreciate you have tagged this as a cast bug, but I suspect it may be more of a Google nurfing thing.