Alexa, tell my computer to... [NO IFTTT required]

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
LazySpaniard

Re: Alexa, tell my computer to... [NO IFTTT required]

Post by LazySpaniard »

Update

Added ability to repeat the last push easily. Note the distinction between this and the "repeat that" intent which prompts Alexa to simply repeat what it last said. The 'push again' intent invocations are currently the following. Let me know if you have any suggestions for invocation phrases to add to this list.
  • send it again
  • push it again
  • again
Added basic support for Italian, French, and Japanese in addition to English, German, and Spanish. Please let me know if you notice any localization errors since I don't speak most of those languages. Let me know if you utilize any of those and I'll work on implementing for of the default language's functionality.

Lastly, I started rebanding from "PC Pusher" to "PC Commander" since I think it's a more fitting name and feedback was generally positive.
LazySpaniard

Post by LazySpaniard »

Update

With the help of a very patient and helpful Push2Run user, we now have FULL French support.

To open skill:
Alexa, ouvre mon ordi
To perform one-shot command:
Alexa, dis à mon ordi de envoyer <your command here>
The skill now even supports all current alternate verbs, for example:
Alexa, dis à mon ordi de ouvrir <your target here>
LazySpaniard

Post by LazySpaniard »

Exciting update!

I've discovered a scalable way of supporting a larger list of push alternate verbs such as "skip". So instead of push skip, a user can omit push, and simply say skip.

There are two versions of intents I could use, one where simply the alt verb is sent, and one where the alt verb plus a target. For example...
Alt verb only: skip
Alt verb + target: skip song

But there's a caveat with the second version. It requires a target to be specified after being prompted for it by Alexa.

That is to say, after saying skip it or skip them, Alexa will ask "skip what?", and you will need to provide something or the intent will fail and nothing will be sent. Unfortunately, at this time, I don't have a way of accepting an alt verb + the target in a single phrase.

The current list of alt verbs are as follows:
  • skip
  • sign
  • decrypt
  • encrypt
  • highlight
  • spellcheck
  • replace
  • insert
  • align
  • format
  • navigate
  • move
  • create
  • attach
  • import
  • export
  • filter
  • sort
  • refresh
  • redo
  • undo
  • minimize
  • maximize
  • resize
  • scroll
  • zoom
  • drop
  • drag
  • select
  • rename
  • search
  • delete
  • cut
  • paste
  • copy
  • save
  • left click
  • right click
  • click
  • jump
LazySpaniard

Post by LazySpaniard »

Short update
Thanks to ChatGPT, the skill's full functionality is now accessible in all languages supported by Alexa.
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Italian
  • French
  • Japanese
I've also made a how-to setup walkthrough which shows how to control your PC using the skill.
https://youtu.be/8v0-WrBpBqQ?si=hxeWMlbsCv9AsV-P