The future of Push2Run - Google integration with IFTTT will be changing

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
jasoncollege24

Re: The future of Push2Run - Google integration with IFTTT will be changing

Post by jasoncollege24 »

As an Android user who prefers the Google Assistant, this change by Google is a disaster in the making for Push2Run. Using the alternative instructions, I tried to salvage the experience as best I can, but today I saw an email stating that IFTTT is only allowing free users no more than 2 applets.

Wanting to stay a free user, this change, along with Google's change last year now makes your very awesome app unusable for me. :(

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. It helped me out a lot in the last few years.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
LazySpaniard

Post by LazySpaniard »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 pm As an Android user who prefers the Google Assistant, this change by Google is a disaster in the making for Push2Run. Using the alternative instructions, I tried to salvage the experience as best I can, but today I saw an email stating that IFTTT is only allowing free users no more than 2 applets.

Wanting to stay a free user, this change, along with Google's change last year now makes your very awesome app unusable for me. :(

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. It helped me out a lot in the last few years.
If you have an Alexa smart home device, you may be interested in this alternative.
viewtopic.php?t=1116
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

@jasoncollege, thanks I didn't know about the change on the IFTTT side to further limit free accounts. Its really too bad. I guess they are just trying to make a living, and you can't blame them for that. However, I suspect many people are really just tapped out with a subscription for this and a subscription for that. For my part I'm keeping Push2Run free and have no plans to charge for it.

In any case, I'm glad Push2Run could be of help to you over the last few years.

If you ever go the Apple route (which doesn't need IFTTT - https://www.push2run.com/help/setup.html ) then maybe I'll see you back :-)

Cheers, Rob
LazySpaniard

Post by LazySpaniard »

@jasoncollege Or go the Alexa route without the need for IFTTT. ;)
viewtopic.php?t=1116