Pushbullet and Push2run on multiple PCs

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
dollanaire

Pushbullet and Push2run on multiple PCs

Post by dollanaire »

Forgive me if this has been posted but I can't find it. I'd like to run PUSH2RUN on multiple PCs and have different shortcuts on IOS setup to control each one individually. I have each shortcut set to the respective title filter (that I named myself) on each pc but the Pushover api keys are different. Is this correct? Each time I trigger it runs on all the PCs still.

Thanks!

EDIT: I seemed to get it to work correctly by reverting back to the original title filters for the PC before I changed them!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Pushbullet and Push2run on multiple PCs

Post by RobLatour »

Assuming you are using iOS and Pushbullet, the key to having it run on one device over the other is the value of the Push's title field.

The title of the push on the iOS side needs to match the title which you have set up on the Windows side in the Push2Run - Options - Pushbullet window.

For example, on the Windows side in the Pushbullet option window you can have on one computer with the title
Push2Run_OfficeComputer
and on the other
Push2Run_BasementServer

and with that the title used in the IOS shortcut will determine which computer the action is run on.

If the title in the IOS shortcut is:
Push2Run_OfficeComputer
then action will run on the Office Computer only

Push2Run_BasementServer
then action will run on the Basement Server only

Push2Run_OfficeComputer Push2Run_BasementServer
then action will run on both the Office Computer and the Basement Server

Hope this helps.
dollanaire

Re: Pushbullet and Push2run on multiple PCs

Post by dollanaire »

Hey there! Yes that was my thinking and action but for some reason I just remember it not working when I changed the title to something other than what was given for that PC (they would all trigger) . I'm not sure if I used a "space" instead of "_" or what but when I erased the title that I named it and used the one that was there originally then all worked as it should. I'm thinking that maybe they all trigger when the title in ios is incorrect maybe? Not sure but glad its working now :D