Push2Run stopped working on Windows 10

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
homestar

Push2Run stopped working on Windows 10

Post by homestar »

Hi all,

I love Push2Run, but it won't open on my Windows 10 computer anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times and whitelisting the program and its folders in windows defender, as well as deleting the databases. Any other ideas? I'd be grateful for any help.

I use it to start Freedom internet blocker from Google Assistant and it's a lifesaver. Would love to get it working again. It just stopped last night for no apparent reason.

Thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Push2Run stopped working on Windows 10

Post by RobLatour »

Hi,

Glad Push2Run is being of good use to you!

Lets take a look to see if you setting file has somehow gotten corrupted.

Your setting file should be stored in a folder such as this:
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Rob_Latour\Push2Run.exe_StrongName_s42jwjc3kcwndf0tsf1gyjic3sepo3t4\4.7.0.0
where the 'xxx' is your windows user id and the numbers and letters after 'StrongName_' are unique to your system.
(I know that's a crazy name for a folder, but its created to MS standards).

Also, by default, Windows hides the 'C:\Users\xxxx\AppData' so you need to copy and past that into your Windows Explore file path at the top of the Windows Exporer screen. So, for example, if your Windows id is 'JohnDoe', the then folder you would past into your Windows Explore file path at the top of the Windows Exporer screen would be 'C:\Users\JohnDoe\AppData

After that you should be able do drill down to the folder you need.

In it there will be a file called 'Read me.txt' which you can open for further instructions.

Please let me know if this helped.

Rob