Sending keystroke issue

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
treben

Sending keystroke issue

Post by treben »

Hello and thank you for the work you've done creating push2run. I am having an issue with sending some keystrokes and was hoping you could help me figure out why it's not working. I have a global hotkey set up in razer synapse. I've set it as just "CTRL+b" for testing however I can't seem to get push2run to trigger it. I've tried setting up push2run with both desktop and razer synapse 3 in the open field. For keys to send I used {CTRL}b and also tried {CTRL}{B}. I tried running with admin privileges as well. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Sending keystroke issue

Post by RobLatour »

Unfortunately I don't use Razer Synapse, and while its a bit of a long shot here are a couple things you might want to try:

{RIGHTCTRL}b
or
{RIGHTCTRL}{B}

as {CTRL} is the same as {LEFTCTRL} however not the same as {RIGHTCTRL}

Having that said, I found this post that says
Both C++ and C# simulate keypress on OS level, not on actual keyboard input. I am not quite sure how triggering of macros is happening in Razer environment (does this happen immediately on keyboard, or later in Synapse software), but triggering keypress through custom application comes outside of Synapse, and because of that doesn't trigger any macro defined in it.
ref: https://insider.razer.com/general-discu ... r-c-c-8978

which leads me to think Push2Run and Razer Synapse may not be able to interact in that way.