config help

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
greywolf

config help

Post by greywolf »

hi i have followed youe example config

created the push to run /ittt/push bullet accounts and downloaded the companion desktop apps
followed you steps

however my google home fails to open saying it cant help with that .... ect

bit stumped after failing at the first hurdle can you give any further help ?

ideally when i figure out how it works id like to if possible be able to ask the home device to open a video or music track perhaps through kodi
( though i understand voice control is in the new v18 build coming soon) though i do also have an imon soundgraph with double height 5.25" lcd no currently installed ( no support anymore)

my pc is wired on the same network and same ip range as the google device
my credentials are the same on all accounts

devices i link
windows 10 pro 64bit ( used as HTPC) ( Bluetooth paired to the google and the tablet ) signed into one-drive and google with same email
google home
Philips hue
philips ambilight smart 7800 series (non android) with hue connect built in
sony android tablet ir with WiFi Bluetooth an ( used as master control for all devices as well as keyboard and mouse)

thanks in advance
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: config help

Post by RobLatour »

what phrase are you speaking into your computer, is it ...
OK Google tell my computer to ...

also can you check the spelling on your ifttt aplet?
greywolf

Post by greywolf »

thanks ! ..although i checked spellings ect and seemed find still no joy . so deleted the applet and redid .. now its working fine

next step figure out how to make it open media content and play ( or is this to much on an ask at the moment ) ...in any case lots of coffee time

thanks again for your assistance
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I don't really know Kodi, I've seen it a bit on Linux I think, is it available on Windows too?

If yes, and you can start it passing a command line variable of what you want to play, that should work well for push2run.

However, if you need to send in keystrokes, you could look at setting up an autohotkey macro to do that.
greywolf

Post by greywolf »

yes kodi is available every platform its a master of media playback from any type and file format as well as a web media streaming interface

so far if gotten a dozen or so wmp playlists , created a simple bat file that autoruns the file in media player ( grove has no shortcut exe i can find being a windows app now)

problems i have

files open and play but even with the \fullscreen switch either in the bat file or in the variables section on push to run its a docked window ideally id like it full screen

you may have hit on the answer to my next question
( sorry for stupid questions code in any form isn't my native comfort zone being a hardware and networks guy)

how to i translate the kb shortcuts controls to this run macro ?

ie full screen is
Alt + Enter {Full Screen Toggle} "In Now Playing, skin, or full screen mode"

once i get how one of the shortcut keys work i can edit to work the rest such as standard play functions stop pause skip volume

a bat file with the button codes ?

once again thank you i am loving this app was starting to wonder if the google device was worth the money until i found you