Only some pushes are received by Push2Run

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jasoncollege24

Re: Only some pushes are received by Push2Run

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Oops forgot to mention those two pushes in the screenshot are one after another (due to the first failing) It's not a reflection of the two pushes in the log. Both pushes were today (the 20th)
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Each push Push2Run receives from Pushbullet has a unique number associated with it, and duplicate pushes are not processed.

What does your IFTTT activity log (found on the IFTTT website) say in terms of these pushes being sent - do you see one or two pushes being sent in your IFTTT activity log?

Would you by chance have two IFTTT applets set up that are each triggering on the same phrase?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

the log shows 2 unique pushes being sent to my Desktop PC during the same minute. It was the first of the two identical pushes that failed.

I have 2 applets for the Desktop PC, but there are no identical, or even similar pushes sent for either one. the one that failed in that log is one i use only for locking my PC.

"Tell my computer to $"
"Lock my computer" <-- the failure in the log
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok, now I am confused. Let's take it from the top.

Your Push2Run session log only shows one push coming in on April 20th at 8:36 pm and it was actioned just fine.

Are you saying that your IFTTT activity log is showing two identical pushes going out at that time - or just one push going out at that time?

If your IFTTT log is showing two identical pushes going out at that time, I assume you only issued the verbal command to lock your pc once - is that correct?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Sorry for the confusion, but no.

IFTT's log (which says 2 pushes were sent in the same minute) is the correct log.

If a push succeeds, I never see the pushbullet notify card, all I see is a quick command prompt window, which carries out my commands. If a push fails, I see the pushbullet notify card. If I see the card, I issue the command again. If it fails a third time (like it used to before i replaced the router), I execute the command manually.

What i meant by failed push in the log was the 2 pushes sent (and received by pushbullet), where only one is shown in the P2R session log.

2 identical pushes were sent, and only the second was seen by P2R.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - I don't know if there is much I can do. Push2Run just listens for pushes sent by Pushbullet. In the case that you've shown, although your ifttt log indicates two identical pushes were sent only one made it thru the Pushbullet service to Push2Run.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Yup. what makes it stranger is that both pushes were received by pushbullet, as shown in the screenshotted card. When it listens, is it listening for pushes received by local pushbullet, or is it listening at the online service port?

I ask, because pushbullet is installed locally, and I've never tried using P2R, without that condition being true.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

it is listening on the server port
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Happened again today. I'd say it was a firewall/open port problem, except that this happened with my firewall turned off. Single push (only push today), received by pushbullet, doesn't appear in P2R's session log, and there are no errors of any kind in the log. It's definitely intermittent for me.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Still getting this problem sporadically. Each time it happens, pushbullet shows the push in it's notifications (on all my devices), saying it's from IFTTT as expected, but P2R's session log doesn't show it.

Since it's sporadic, I can tell you this can't be a firewall issue, or pushes would never work. Any ideas, or suggestion to try?
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel