Empty actions list

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
JTor

Empty actions list

Post by JTor »

Fist of all thank you for the great program!

I installed the version 2.0.5 on my computer running Windows 7 Pro and created a couple test actions.
Later I accidentally clicked "undo" from the right click menu and the last action was deleted. Trying to find some redo or other options I clicked ctrl+Z (I didnt mind because they were only for testing purposes) and all the actions dissapeared from the window including the main on-off switch, leaving the actions window empty.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Push2Run did not fix the problem so I recreated the actions starting from the calculator test.
The calc command took place of the on-off switch (so it cannot be deleted). It functions normally both as on-off switch AND the calculator action.

Please note that the program is fully operational for me and this report is only for your information.

RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Empty actions list

Post by RobLatour »

ok thanks for letting me know. I will try and recreate this. I'm almost ready to release the next version and I do have some auto healing stuff in the new code, but I haven't run into this particular problem before so thanks for the heads up.

In the meantime, and for the future, if you go to the Options - Settings and Database files window, you will see where your settings and database files are stored. If you click on either of them, a file explore session will open up at that location and you can back them up from there if you like.
kodaxmax

Post by kodaxmax »

I clicked undo, received an error message box "No current row" and also had all actions cleared.

I remade a couple of test actions and then clicked undo from the right click context menu again achieving the same result.

RIP my push2run database and next few hours.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

do you have a backup of your Push2Run.mdb database file?
kodaxmax

Post by kodaxmax »

If only i were that organized :P

It's alright i've replaced most of it already and learned a few new tricks in the process.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

sorry - I fully acknowledge this has happened - I just can't seem to recreate it.

Of note, when you run the redo function, it creates a temp backup file before doing its work.

The file is called Push2Run.mdb.backup and is created in the same directory as your Push2Run database. To see if it is still there, you may want to go to the Options, click on Settings and Database files, and then under database click the button that shows the database location. If it is there you can salvage it be renaming it from Push2Run.mdb.backup to Push2Run.mdb

Also, of note, in the current version of Push2Run there is a new export feature. File - Export from the main window, which lets you export your database as a backup (although backing up the Push2Run.mdb file is equally as good).
kodaxmax

Post by kodaxmax »

No ".backup" just the "Push2Run.db3" at "C:\Users\MyComputerName\AppData\Roaming\Push2Run"

I have push2run installed on a different hardrive to the OS and im running windows 10 home 64bit. If any of that is different to your PC, that might be the cause. If i have time i might try push2run on one of my other PCs and see if i can still reliably recreate the event.