Push2Run wont open

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
Micky

Push2Run wont open

Post by Micky »

I want to install the software on an Intel Compute Stick with a fresh install of 32 bit win 10 however when I try to open it I get the attached error messages and the password prompt. I did everything in the fix you published for the password prompt but it didn’t change anything and the files that were deleted got remade.
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (69.48 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (45.44 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (25.81 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Push2Run wont open

Post by RobLatour »

How did you install Push2Run on your compute stick?

The reason I'm asking is that the error message is complaining about not having access to the SQLite.Interopt.dll

This particular file is needed to access Push2Run's database, or in the case of the original startup to create it anew.

Also, this file comes in two versions, one for 32 bit machines and one for 64 bit machines. I am wondering if somehow you got the 64 bit version of the file on your compute stick, which needs the 32 bit version?
Micky

Post by Micky »

Thank you for responding so quickly. I'm not sure how much detail you're looking for so i'm going to stay safe and go through all every step.
On www.push2run.com I clicked "Click here to download Push2Run". I ran "Push2RunSetup.exe" and said yes to the UAC. I accepted the licence agreement and installed it into the default directory "C:\Program Files\Push2Run". I checked both shortcut options and clicked the install button, then launched Push2Run.
I reinstalled for this to make sure I didn't miss any steps and now only the second error message appears before the password prompt.
Given what you said about 32 and 64 bit versions of files I assume the first error message came from when I was trying to fix the error myself as I had copied the .db3 file from appdata on my 64 bit computer hoping that the error may have just been from trying to initially create the file.
On this install I have not done that and now I just have the error message of screenshot(2).png.

This error may be happening because despite the computer having a 64 bit processor, it can only run 32 bit windows but idk
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok, as noted above, I think the problem is that the 64 bit version of the SQLite.Interopt.dll is being installed on your compute stick, because as you say it is a 64 bit system, but the 32 bit version is needed as you say it can only run 32 bit windows.

This is explained here https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.ht ... loads.wiki where it says:
If the development and customer machines may have different processor architectures, more than one binary package may be required. For this situation, using the native library pre-loading feature is highly recommended. It is available as of version 1.0.80.0 and enabled by default. In order to take advantage of this feature, the separate managed and interop assemblies must be used with XCOPY deployment (i.e. this feature is not supported by the mixed-mode assembly, nor when the assembly is deployed to the global assembly cache), resulting in an application deployment that looks something like this:

<bin>\App.exe (optional, managed-only application executable assembly)
<bin>\App.dll (optional, managed-only application library assembly)
<bin>\System.Data.SQLite.dll (required, managed-only core assembly)
<bin>\System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll (optional, managed-only LINQ assembly)
<bin>\System.Data.SQLite.EF6.dll (optional, managed-only EF6 assembly)
<bin>\x86\SQLite.Interop.dll (required, x86 native interop assembly)
<bin>\x64\SQLite.Interop.dll (required, x64 native interop assembly)
So I think perhaps what we should try to do is replace the 64 bit version of the SQLite.Interopt.dll file on your system with the 32 bit version of it.

As Push2Run uses version 4.6.2 of the dot net framework, can you please try to download the following file ( linked to from the webpage above:
sqlite-netFx46-static-binary-Win32-2015-1.0.109.0.zip and once done unzip it, and replace the file SQLite.Interop.dll on your compute stick in the Push2Run program folder with the one you get when you unzip the file you download.
Micky

Post by Micky »

The SQLite.Interop.dll file was missing completely from the install directory, pasting it in fixed everything. Thank you so much!