Pushbullet - Websocket error - call to SSPI failed

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Pushbullet - Websocket error - call to SSPI failed

Post by RobLatour »

Pushbullet - has confirmed the issue is on their end:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PushBullet/com ... it-android

We have had to update our SSL certificate due to its expiring very soon. All services have taken the new cert just fine other than our Windows desktop app.

We have found the issue in Windows .NET and a workaround which we will have out very soon. Unfortunately we need to wait to get a new signing certificate for our Windows app to prevent virus scan issues incorrectly flagging it as a virus. Once we get that, the update will be out asap. Should not be more than 24 hours.
Disorder

Post by Disorder »

I am adding to the list for this problem which occurred today 24 February 2019.
I have read that apparently it is in a certificate problem that should solve those of Pushbullet, but since I tried to change the Access Tokens (without success), if the thing is resolved I will have to request another Access Tokens or even reset it? And what does it mean to reset the Access Tokens?
Thanks for any news regarding this.

Disorder
bobsmith

Post by bobsmith »

Rob, thanks for tracking down the issue with Pushbullet. Would it be helpful to add the inner exception to the session log in case something like this happens again in the future? Just curious if the inner exception would have made it more obvious for users with some familiarity with websockets that the failure is on the Pushbullet side.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Disorder - you should not need to request another access token; I did this myself as part of my effort to debug it before I knew what the problem was.
jony

Post by jony »

Might consider telling Pushbullet to add a Status page...

As part of my very first troubleshooting, I did a Google search for any recent "pushbullet" entries, a Google News search for "pushbullet", and I even went to their Twitter account. Nothing. I did not think to look to Reddit, but I will next time [for Pushbullet]...
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

jony, you can send your feedback to them here: https://www.pushbullet.com/support
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

bobsmith: thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not sure that this particular error can only be triggered by the events of today.
bigboss97

Post by bigboss97 »

Yesterday I was trying Push2Run for the first time and got the same error. I tried shutting down firewall and other things without success. Luckily, I found this :lol:
Thank you for the effort of Push2Run, great stuff!
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Thanks for the redirect to the pushbullet SSL cert issue. I find it a bit strange that they say it effects their windows desktop app, because I have that installed, and I haven't had any problems with it at all. Still works just like it did before the 23rd.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
aurelbdx

Post by aurelbdx »

Pushbullet works again!! :)