I can't use Push2Run 2.1.1

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: I can't use Push2Run 2.1.1

Post by RobLatour »

One option to resolve this is to turn windows UAC on.

As an alternative to that, here is a link to version 2.1 that does not have the problem:

https://6ec1f0a2f74d4d0c2019-591364a760 ... tupv21.exe

However, of note, I will remove the above link once I have a fix applied in a general release.
Jeffreyk

Post by Jeffreyk »

Can the "start using administrator privileges by default" be set via the config file. I am also stuck in a restart loop and I have UAC turned on. Its possible it's because i am in the admin account of the server but I want it to run in this account. Could you link to the old version again? as so far none of these work arounds work for me.

Edit: So the built-in admin account on server 2008 has UAC disabled by default and this is the recommended setting. I could use a AD user to login and run the program but I would prefer to run it as the admin account. So for now it seems I can only do that with version 2.1 not 2.1.1 but the link is gone.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

re: Can the "start using administrator privileges by default" be set via the config file

yes, its location will be in file called
user.config
in a folder named something like:
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Rob_Latour\Push2Run.exe_Url_onsmqndu2520e23aigllkoutifpsd10k\2.1.2.0
(where xxxx is your user id, the random letters after Url are random, and the last set of numbers relate to the version number of the program).

Sadly the old version will no longer work due to changes Pushbullet has made on their end.
Jeffreyk

Post by Jeffreyk »

Awesome, changing the setting in their fixed the issue. I had looked in appdata\local but I was looking for push2run which I found in roaming and assumed that was the only one, guess i should have ran a search.