controlling spotify

Here you are welcome to discuss items of general interest related to Push2Run
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: controlling spotify

Post by RobLatour »

Thanks for this. Good job! Sure, would love to see your script and I'm sure others would too.
alexmaclean93

Post by alexmaclean93 »

I am definitely interested Zoolake.
alexmaclean93

Post by alexmaclean93 »

Zoolake? I would private message him/her but I can't because I just joined the forum. If anyone has anyway of controlling the Spotify app please let me know.
alexmaclean93

Post by alexmaclean93 »

I got it to work with the new update that allows you to send specific keys. It is pretty janky since I don't really code, but here it is if anyone else goes searching like I did.
Attachments
Desktop Spotify.PNG
Desktop Spotify.PNG (15.66 KiB) Viewed 5911 times
tarraojames

Post by tarraojames »

Hi alexmaclean93,

If you are still getting in trouble then I would suggest to use MusConv.com tool, they offer services for controlling spotify, I hope you will got good.
VIRUX

Post by VIRUX »

zoolake wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 am So I've found a better way to do this that uses Spotify on your desktop instead of the Spotify webpage. The trick is to trigger Cortana (Windows Key + S) and use the vb script to paste "play $ on spotify" in. I've got it up and running and it works like a charm. If anyone's interested I can share my script although I'll warn you that its ugly as I'm not much of a coder.
I'll be happy :)

yotam266@gmail.com
eric31104

Post by eric31104 »

The card you provided works but I'm having trouble adding a keystroke so when Spotify launches it automatically starts playing by itself, so I don't have to manually hit the space bar on my keyboard. It would be really helpful if you could help me out please. Great program by the way :D
jennyk91

Post by jennyk91 »

It sounds crazy but I still have no idea how to do that, even after reading all of your answers. After all, I decided switch to another platform. This guys are crazy and really useful when it comes to online music: https://feelmp3.com
Frompa

Post by Frompa »

VIRUX wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 am
zoolake wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:39 am So I've found a better way to do this that uses Spotify on your desktop instead of the Spotify webpage. The trick is to trigger Cortana (Windows Key + S) and use the vb script to paste "play $ on spotify" in. I've got it up and running and it works like a charm. If anyone's interested I can share my script although I'll warn you that its ugly as I'm not much of a coder.
I'll be happy :)

yotam266@gmail.com
may i also have this script?
alexmaclean93

Post by alexmaclean93 »

Microsoft took away the ability to type into Cortana so my method doesn't work anymore.