Keeps restarting

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Keeps restarting

Post by RobLatour »

Warrior: would you mind trying the beta that I mention in the earlier posts in this thread ...

https://6ec1f0a2f74d4d0c2019-591364a760 ... tav220.exe

and let me know if that resolves the problem?
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I was able to recreate and resolve the problem using a virtual Windows 7 machine. The fix for this has now been released in Push2Run version 2.2 available for download from the website ( https://push2run.com/)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hey Rob. Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Edit - Yep - Seems ok now ;-)
Last edited by Warrior on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

link fixed
Wizerd

Post by Wizerd »

Rob - Using the newest 2.2 version I still have the multi starts. Removed and fresh install - still happening. UAC is off.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

What version of windows are you working with - I tested it with Windows 7 and it worked fine for me; here is a video of that:
https://youtu.be/apDrVnVW5-4

Also, even though it's not working with uac off for you, I assume everything works ok with UAC on - is that correct?
Wizerd

Post by Wizerd »

Using Windows 10 here. and you are correct that it works fine with UAC on. I had to use Task Scheduler in order to bypass the popup windows though. Would rather not have to use UAC - but for now it works.
Wizerd

Post by Wizerd »

Rob, just an update. Not sure why this worked but here what my history is for the install: I was having the restart issue as described above. I had UAC disabled and could not get the program to start properly. I ended up removing the program, turned on UAC to default, did a fresh install and used task scheduler to work around the UAC pop ups. Sine it was now starting without issue, I decided to turn off UAC again to see if the startup issue return. It started fine this time without UAC. I have rebooted several time and been running for days this way. Not sure why it works...but glad it does.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

ok - glad the update is working well for you. Cheers, Rob
Smee8576

Post by Smee8576 »

Rob,

I tried 2.2 on 2008R2, but still no luck. Application still starts/exits/reload. I went ahead and tried it from the task scheduler again. I got this error message. Not sure what it means. Also curious, the folder in which Push2Run is installed in opens up prior to the error popping up. Can't make heads or tails out of the error orif it even has anything to do with the app reloading endlessly.