Sort your downloads folder!

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
larson377

Sort your downloads folder!

Post by larson377 »

I found a super-handy folder organizing batch file online (cant remember the source, but here's your credit internet stranger!), and its been keeping my downloads folder mess-free! As handy as it is already, a little more automation is always welcome ;)
downloads.JPG
downloads.JPG (21.81 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
Start with the the Organizer batch file:

1. make a blank text document, and open it up. copy & paste the text in between the lines below into it, and click File > Save As

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@echo off

rem For each file in your folder
for %%a in (".\*") do (
rem check if the file has an extension and if it is not our script
if "%%~xa" NEQ "" if "%%~dpxa" NEQ "%~dpx0" (
rem check if extension folder exists, if not it is created
if not exist "%%~xa" mkdir "%%~xa"
rem Move the file to directory
move "%%a" "%%~dpa%%~xa\"
))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. change the "Save as type" field from ".txt" to "All Files"

3. name it whatever you like, (I chose "ORGANIZE!") and add ".bat" at the end.

4. save it out in the open in your downloads folder for easy finding :D

5. now, head over Push2Run and make a new card. attached is an image of my card. KEEP IN MIND: the [YOUR WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT HERE] is a
placeholder. you need to put your own windows user name here. if you don't know it, you can right click on your newly-created ORGANIZE! file
and click properties - it will show you the location of your file and also your Windows User Account.
p2r card.JPG
p2r card.JPG (51.31 KiB) Viewed 5081 times

Hope you guys enjoy it, cheers! :mrgreen:
Ryuisnod

Re: Sort your downloads folder!

Post by Ryuisnod »

This looks excellent. Will probably set it up as a scheduled task more than voice activated. Where did you find the script?
larson377

Post by larson377 »

im not sure, i did some google searching for useful batch programs a while back and it came up in an article.
Wizerd

Post by Wizerd »

Nice little script. Thanks for sharing. Worked like a charm (and fast)