Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Warrior

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Warrior »

Auz10 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:50 pm Hi Warrior,

This looks awesome! Nice work!

Any chance I could test it out? I have a huge collection of music id love to try it on.
Hi

I sent you a Pm with a link to it. Note that I will eventually change it so it no longer requires the 'sleep' program to display what it's doing.
Windows 10 has a command I can use for it.

Lemme know what you think.
Auz10

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Auz10 »

Warrior wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:48 pm
Auz10 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:50 pm Hi Warrior,

This looks awesome! Nice work!

Any chance I could test it out? I have a huge collection of music id love to try it on.
Hi

I sent you a Pm with a link to it. Note that I will eventually change it so it no longer requires the 'sleep' program to display what it's doing.
Windows 10 has a command I can use for it.

Lemme know what you think.
Thank you so much! I have been using it the past day and a half and so far it's working great!!
smay_lee

Post by smay_lee »

Hi Warrior,

Thank you for your work.

Would you be nice to send me as well your files to test it out on my PC and get back to you?

Thanks in advance,
SmayLee
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

smay_lee wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm Hi Warrior,

Thank you for your work.

Would you be nice to send me as well your files to test it out on my PC and get back to you?

Thanks in advance,
SmayLee
Hi - File sent - Lemme know how you go.
I am working on a few updates for it to make it smoother.
smay_lee

Post by smay_lee »

Thank you, Warrior. I'm gonna play with it next days, and get back to you.
smay_lee

Post by smay_lee »

Works like charm, thanks a lot. I'm gonna play with cards and if I make something useful, I'll share it here.

My system:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro N
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Model HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
RAM 16,0 GB

thanks again
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

smay_lee wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:46 am Works like charm, thanks a lot. I'm gonna play with cards and if I make something useful, I'll share it here.
Good to hear - It's a fun program and cool if you have loads of songs. ;)
SolidSnark

Post by SolidSnark »

Hi Warrior,

I'd love to get a copy of your script if possible. I have a ridiculously extensive music collection and it's a dream of mine to have it spin up on demand.

:D

Thanks for your work. You're really pushing the limits!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hi

I've sent it over via PM.

It works well with large libraries

See how you go.

;)
SolidSnark

Post by SolidSnark »

Thank you so much! It's truly an outstanding idea. I never would have thought of just feeding m3u files to WinAmp but it works like a charm! I liked the way you approached the search particularly. That was a clever way to do it with batch files.

I ended up using your batch file but replacing the search guts with a C# command-line program that crawls the directory tree for media files and does the searching. I use a consistent naming scheme so I can tell the album artist, album, artist, track name and track number just from the file name.

That let me set up 3 different search options; track, album and artist. With track it will return a random match, album queues up the tracks in order and by artist returns all their tracks in random order. I use a least distance algorithm to find the best match so it deals well with spelling errors and missing words, etc. You can also specify artist as an added search criteria for albums or tracks to allow more control.

I had an absolute blast setting it up, and I never would have thought of it without you.

Thanks again!