Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Briter

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Briter »

Hmm.. Hello I'm new here.
May I try that script too?

I try to find some script to play music using Push2Run and ended up here.

Thanks in advance! :D
Warrior

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Warrior »

Briter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:48 pm Hmm.. Hello I'm new here.
May I try that script too?

I try to find some script to play music using Push2Run and ended up here.

Thanks in advance! :D
Yes of course - PM sent with download link. :)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

SolidSnark wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 pm Thank you so much! It's truly an outstanding idea. I never would have thought of just feeding m3u files to WinAmp but it works like a charm! I liked the way you approached the search particularly. That was a clever way to do it with batch files.

I ended up using your batch file but replacing the search guts with a C# command-line program that crawls the directory tree for media files and does the searching. I use a consistent naming scheme so I can tell the album artist, album, artist, track name and track number just from the file name.

That let me set up 3 different search options; track, album and artist. With track it will return a random match, album queues up the tracks in order and by artist returns all their tracks in random order. I use a least distance algorithm to find the best match so it deals well with spelling errors and missing words, etc. You can also specify artist as an added search criteria for albums or tracks to allow more control.

I had an absolute blast setting it up, and I never would have thought of it without you.

Thanks again!
Wow - Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah it is good fun.

I'll update it again soon. The radio station links are changed now.
Also, the Sleep.exe it uses are no longer needed as they are native in Windows 10 so that can be removed too.
streaming_owner

Post by streaming_owner »

I have to thank you again for this. With a few minor modifications I was able to get your script working with Music Caster instead of winamp- https://github.com/elibroftw/music-caster

This has allowed me to stream songs from my computer to a google home speaker, something that I've been trying to do for ages!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

streaming_owner wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:58 am I have to thank you again for this. With a few minor modifications I was able to get your script working with Music Caster instead of winamp- https://github.com/elibroftw/music-caster

This has allowed me to stream songs from my computer to a google home speaker, something that I've been trying to do for ages!
Woohoo ! - Awesome - I will look into this also. ;-)
starkery

Post by starkery »

Hey Warrior, your program sound great ! May I have the link to download it ? I'll try to make it work with Aimp instead of Winamp (I personally prefer it, for many reasons).
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hey Starkery

Link sent ;-)
DaKamAtak

Post by DaKamAtak »

Hi I am new to Push2Run version 3.6.2

I am looking for a way to do this with VLC, Would this be possible at all?

Also how do you get push2run to open a excel spreadsheet or word document, it tells me "the start directory does not exist"

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards Cam
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

This would best be covered off on another thread or two because its really two questions ...

As for the second question, if its saying
"the start directory does not exist"
does it? If no, you need to change the directory to an exiting one that does exist
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

DaKamAtak wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:14 pm Hi I am new to Push2Run version 3.6.2

I am looking for a way to do this with VLC, Would this be possible at all?
Hi Cam - Yes - It could be modified using a command line for use with VLC.

https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help/

Namely, The path to VLC, then

URL syntax:
file:///path/file Plain media file

Would you be able to modify it yourself ? - If not, I could send you the program then post the syntax for it here.

It's not too hard. ;-)