Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Wizerd

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Wizerd »

Script is working well so far. A couple notes to testers:

Make sure you have latest Winamp for the Winamp Controls cards to work. I was initially using an older version and some of the command line syntax have changed. I am now using the latest version 5.8

Make sure you do not have 'allow multiple instances' enable in the Winamp config

Lovin it so far...great work.
Warrior

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Warrior »

Nice one. ;-)

I might get a few others to have a try with it, then I'll clean up the code a bit more and post it.

Let me know if you can think of anything else you'd like it to do.

I can have it call live radio stations, news feeds, or local favourite lists, maybe weather broadcasts, things like that.
It can listen for keywords then execute further batch files.

I might make it scan the drive letter where peoples Mp3's are located using a choice command to automate it a bit more.
I'll possibly do an installer and help file for it later on and locate it in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory with an uninstaller.

Hey Wizerd, are you on Windows 10 by chance ?
Wizerd

Post by Wizerd »

Yes, I am using Win 10. Starting a help file would be nice, to document setup and a change log. As for features, I would think creation of the mp3 list using a ‘browse to root folder’ would be helpful
TerryHiggins

Post by TerryHiggins »

Warrior if your still looking for testers im game. i have a rather large library and already use Winamp or if you have perfected this I sure would like to try it. Please let me know at your convenience

Terry
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hi Terry

I sent you a PM with the link in it. I have made a few changes to the code since then but nothing too ground breaking.

I was hoping to get a bit more feedback from a few testers on it to work out any quirks with it.

I woulda thought I'd have gotten a few more volunteers by now ! :(

I was messing with a news service for it and a few other things.

Google has a few anomalies in it so the code may look a bit odd. Eg: Sometimes Googles outputs ' 1' instead of ' one '. It's just a matter of playing with it.

This idea for this program is from another program I wrote over 10 years ago which was similar but used typed commands. I've always had a large MP3 library and like having favourite songs played randomly, but commercial free.
VIRUX

Post by VIRUX »

Any spotify presets? :)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

It would play it if it is just a standard link - or a link that can be opened directly using a program.

I just tried the web page and I had to press play though. Is there a way of using a direct link instead ?
NekLamp

Post by NekLamp »

I don't know how to code but I would like to test it.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hi Nek

I sent you a PM with the link in it.

Let me know if you need a hand creating your library for it ;-)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I've noticed people asking for a link to the files for download. I PM them a link but they aren't checking the thread again or checking their messages.

Make sure you subscribe to this thread and also when you receive a new message.

By default, I don't believe the board does this so that's why people aren't aware I am replying to them.