Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
BuckSh0t.13

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by BuckSh0t.13 »

Hey, I'd love to give this a try if you'd be kind enough to send me the files?

Thanks
Warrior

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Warrior »

Hi

PM Sent ;-)
BuckSh0t.13

Post by BuckSh0t.13 »

Hey Warrior,

Love the script, so far it works great with Music Bee. My only issue is when asking for certain tracks from artists who have acoustic albums eg. When i say play Deftones - Digital Bath the script will select and play both Deftones - Digital Bath & Deftones - Digital Bath (Acoustic) versions. Is there a way to make the code a little smarter so i'd have to specifically ask for Deftones - Digital Bath (Acoustic) to get that version to play?
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

BuckSh0t.13 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:01 amIs there a way to make the code a little smarter so i'd have to specifically ask for Deftones - Digital Bath (Acoustic) to get that version to play?
Heya

Although not an elegant solution, you can create a new folder for your songs to categorize them in their types.

Eg:
Live
Studio
Acoustic

And then just say the words 'Deftones Acoustic', etc (The order in which you say the words doesn't matter)

Or, you could just say 'Deftones Acoustic' and it will only play acoustic tracks.
Currently, if you just say Deftones, it'll play every track containing the string Deftones.

You could also create folders/directories and place the tracks within album names - or just place the album name within the filename.

So, you would have filenames like ' Deftones - White Pony - Digital Bath.mp3 '

Or ... ' Deftones - Studio - Digital Bath.mp3 '

A program such as 'Magic File Renamer' can rename thousands of files en masse.

Then you could just say ' White Pony ' to have it play that entire album (If you have it).
I did mess with it before to have it play non live versions unless specified but it became a bit fiddly.

After I (hopefully!) get more feedback for it, I'll create an installer that automatically grabs the MP3 listings and some syntax / word examples.
BuckSh0t.13

Post by BuckSh0t.13 »

Thanks, This works perfectly now. Cheers
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Cool ma - man ;-)

It's a fun program
BuckSh0t.13

Post by BuckSh0t.13 »

Hey Warrior,

Just wondering if you had any ideas on how i could go about queuing up songs using this? is it possible or not do you reckon?
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Yes it's 'sort of' possible. Although it won't queue songs up via voice (for now), it will take fav lists of pre-queued songs.

There are 2 methods to do this:

Method 1:
========
You will see inside the zip file, it contains 10 "Channels " - Eg: channel-1.m3u
By default, these are radio stations. 5 unique ones and 5 duplicates.

You can edit these to contain actual play lists of your favourite songs.

You can either edit together your own list or simply use an MP3 Player like Winamp, drag all the songs you'd want to play into it,
then save that as ' channel-1.m3u '

When you say " Hey Google, Tell XXX to Play Channel 1", it'll play these favs.

You could make it so channel 1 is dinner music, Channel 2 is dance etc.

The name 'channel' could also be changed within the code to 'Favourite' or something similar.

Method 2 :
=========

Create folders of your favourite songs, give theme a unique name, then reindex the files.

Eg: Create a folder/Directory in your MP3 collection called "Dinner Music".

Place all your favs for that genre within that folder.

Because the way the program works, it'll take into account the folder name " Dinner Music " within the path of the file, and thus it'll play all the songs in that folder.

So when you say " Hey Google, Tell XXX to Play Dinner Music, it'll play the contents of that folder.
Shaka

Post by Shaka »

Hello everyone. I am new here. I just discovered Push2Run a few days ago and I have been having so much fun with it. After fiddling around with Google Assistance voice control and Push2Run, I ended up here. May I please have a copy of the batch file for the "Play A Song" card. I really am interested in playing songs in my collection with just the sound of my voice,. Thank you in advance. :D
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Shaka wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:50 pm Hello everyone. I am new here. I just discovered Push2Run a few days ago and I have been having so much fun with it. After fiddling around with Google Assistance voice control and Push2Run, I ended up here. May I please have a copy of the batch file for the "Play A Song" card. I really am interested in playing songs in my collection with just the sound of my voice,. Thank you in advance. :D
I sent you a PM with the link in it.

Let me know if you need a hand creating your library for it

:)