Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Here you are welcome to share your Push2Run cards

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are downloading a Push2Run card from here or anywhere else, please inspect it carefully before running it or any software associated with it. If you don't do this you may end up with seriously unwanted results.

When sharing a card, please leave any special instructions that are required for its use. For example, if additional software is needed to enable the card, you should leave a link to the program's official webpage.
Shaka

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Shaka »

Thank you so much sir. I will play around with it for a while and if I have any challenges or questions, I will definitely let you know. Once again, thank you.
Shaka

Re: Play any Song, Artist or Radio Station on Demand From Your Own MP3 Collection

Post by Shaka »

It works perfectly. You are a true warrior sir.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Shaka wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:22 pm It works perfectly. You are a true warrior sir.
Thanks !

Yes it's pretty cool.
mushhead

Post by mushhead »

Just about to give this a go, but like the user above, I'm new to this and have little {no} coding experience.
After having read through the thread, is it going to be an issue that I have music stored on a number of drives, and that the majority of my files are FLAC rather than mp3?
I already use WinAmp, and have the latest version installed on Win 10
Last edited by mushhead on Sat May 23, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

mushhead wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:31 pm Just about to give this a go, but like the user above, I'm new to this and have little {no} coding experience.
After having read through the thread, is it going to be an issue that I have music stored on a number of drives, and that the majority of my files are FLAC rather than mp3?
I already use WinAmp, and have the latest version installed on Win 10
Hi - Sorry for the delayed reply - I didn't see the updated thread. :o

I've checked the code and it doesn't matter where the files are located or that they are FLAC files.

If you can create and playback playlists for Winamp with FLAC files, then this will work.

Currently, the batch file to grab the MP3's is :

Dir *.mp3 /on /b /s > "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"

Where for FLAC files, you could just change it to :

Dir *.flac /on /b /s > "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"

Note that you can add both FLAC files and MP3 files at the same time and spanning multiple drives.

For example, if you had your music on say Drive D and Drive E and they were mixed with both Mp3's and FLAC files, the 4 lines in a batch file would be :

=================
@Echo off
Cls
Dir D:\*.mp3 /on /b /s > "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"
Dir D:\*.flac /on /b /s >> "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"
Dir E:\*.mp3 /on /b /s >> "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"
Dir E:\*.flac /on /b /s >> "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"

=================

After running that, It would create the needed list within the (previously created) C:\MediaSort folder.

**Using two greater than signs (>>) redirects output and appends it to the existing file.

Lemme know if you'd like to try it. I can custom write a batch file for your musics' location if you'd like.
streaming_owner

Post by streaming_owner »

Hi Warrior,
If possible, could you send me a link to the script too please?
I'm hoping to use this in conjunction with AirParrot3 to stream the music from my computer back to my google home device! A bit like my own personal music streaming service :)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Hi

PM sent.
streaming_owner

Thanks Warior! I got the pm, but can't msg back yet because my account is new.
Aiming to give the script a go tonight.
streaming_owner

I've not had a chance to test it much yet, so no feedback yet (except that it is awesome!). Just thought I would share my powershell script for populating the Mp3List.

This script is useful if you have songs that are in languages other than English. It also includes a few different song formats.

Code: Select all

Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\musicfolder1", "D:\musicfolder2" -Include *.mp3,*.m4a,*.wma,*.m4p,*.m4v,*.wav,*.mp2,*.ogg,*.flac,*.mpga -Recurse -File| ForEach-Object {
    % { $_.FullName }
} | Out-File -Encoding UTF8 -FilePath "C:\MediaSort\Mp3List.txt"
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Heya - Did you get it working ok then ?