Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
RobLatour
Site Admin

Re: Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Post by RobLatour »

yes, the better route is to determine the cause of the problem.

I'm actually less suspicious of your other normal running tasks, only because it happens so infrequently - every 48 hours +

Having that said, can you check task scheduler to see if you have anything that runs infrequently, like every two or three days?
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Setup > SetupCleanupTask - 5 days

found that, but doesn't seem right... I also (just because) ran system, file checker, which found, and corrected some system files.

Warrior, can you open a command prompt as admin, and type "sfc /scannow" without quotes, and press enter please?

The scan may take several minutes, and idealy should find no problems. If it does, this would be another similarity.

If it is, then next, we can look at the log file it generates, which I've copied to my desktop just in case.

Over the next couple of days, i'm going to be out of town, and leaving the PC running. P2R won't be running during this time as a bit of a safety thing.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
bledcarrot

Post by bledcarrot »

RobLatour wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:22 pm I think you can just keep this one going - as far as I can see there have only been two people (including you) that have run into this problem; if others start to chime in that may be helpful in figuring out what is going on.
I've also had this issue. Last couple of times I've sat down at my computer I've noticed it's been noisy and always sounding like there was activity. Today was the first time I checked and Push2Run was using 100% CPU and probably has been for the last couple of days.
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Not had any CPU issues lately.

I've just installed this .Net patch today also :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... -framework

See how that goes ...
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Warrior - did you issue the "sfc /scannow" as suggested by jasoncolleg24?
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

No - I am still trying to get it to fault again - Been a few weeks and it's all good still.

*Note that on the previously offending laptop, I never issue any P2R commands.

The other laptop I do use P2R on is rebooted daily at 6 am. (It's a server)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Nothing wrong there anyway.
No Diff.jpg
No Diff.jpg (31.39 KiB) Viewed 24218 times
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

There was an update to .NET a few days ago. Since my last report here, I've had no issues. My latest uptime is just over 3 days, but I am still monitoring P2R for unusual activity. the hope is that the issue was in the framework itself. If so, it may be fixed... *fingers crossed*
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Figures the day after I post this I have problems... This time it was my other crash (several processes go haywire), but it happened twice in 24 hours. All these crashes are getting frustrating, because they are making it so I can't easily use my PC. I'm probably just going to have to uninstall P2R, until fixes can be made.

I have it on 2 devices, and it causes problems consistently on both. Since disabling it on one, that system has been very stable. Thanks for trying.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

Hi - thanks for the update; unfortunately this is virtually impossible for me to diagnose - it doesn't happen on my machine which generally is running for days if not weeks at a time. That is not to say that you are alone, including yourself there have been three or four others that have reported it. If somehow I figure out what's causing it, I will certainly provide a fix (if it is within P2R itself).