Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Here you are welcome to report any Push2Run bugs you may have encountered

if you know of a workaround, it would be great if you would mention that too
jasoncollege24

Re: Push2Run 2.2 very high CPU usage

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Oh I know, and I don't blame you at all. I jut need to have a responsive PC, because I pretty much rely on it. All these little things are to help accommodate disability, so when things don't work right, I find other ways. :)

If/when you manage to track it down, and get it sorted, I'll be more than happy to out put back on my system. I also don't mind testing beta versions, if you think they might have a solution, so please keep me updated
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Found a workaround using another app called Process Lasso. It's set to always have P2R limited to a single core, so my system remains responsive, and doesn't run the CPU to death. Hopefully this will work to mitigate both crashes during troubleshooting.

If I can help get this diagnosed and patched, I really want to. I really love P2R, and want to keep using it. :D
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Since I implemented my workaround, I saw P2R crash twice in less than 24 hours. With it tied to only one core, system stability has remained intact. Yesterday, I took the time to investigate a bit more, and noticed something I thought was rather odd.

While it has hundreds of threads open, it still opens, and closes 2 threads at a time, just as it does when not crashing. These other hundreds of threads are also not seen as recognized threads in .NET clr locks and threads.

Limiting this way, limits P2R to a total of approx 11% of overall CPU usage. With this in mind, each rogue thread eats up approx 0.3% CPU steadily, right up until termination. (CPU time seems to be spread evenly between all the rogue threads.) Next crash, I'm going to try terminating some of the rogue threads to see what changes, if anything. hopefully, I don't crash the system.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Terminating any of it's threads directly kills the app. Each thread has the same starting address listed as "clr.dll!_CorExeMain+0xc8f0"

A little research led me to the following page, which may be a good place to start, since your app is using .NET 4.x
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... n-function

Also as a side note, for some reason, your forum has begun logging me out every single time I leave the website, even though I check the Remember me box on every login.
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:49 pmAlso as a side note, for some reason, your forum has begun logging me out every single time I leave the website, even though I check the Remember me box on every login.
Hi

It's ok for me.

Maybe confirm the date and time is ok on your machine, then remove all the board cookies from the P2R site, then relog back in.

Sounds like a stale cookie.
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

Thanks. i did some double checking... it only seems to happen, if I go to the forum home page, instead of straight into a topic (like this one)

When I clicked on the link in my email to view this post just now, it logged me in, but in another tab, I typed the forum address, without linking to any post, and it has me logged out... so... logged in on this browser tab, and logged out, when going directly to the forum home page in another tab (same window)

Also typing the URL to go straight to this topic, instead of the forum home page also shows me as logged in. What happens when you go to https://push2run.com/phpbb/ manually in a new tab? does it still log you in?

That doesn't sound like a cookie problem...
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:14 pmThat doesn't sound like a cookie problem...
Yes - It's a cookie problem from the forum.

I got logged out from that link.

It is because the link you posted is missing the 'www'
Add that, and it stays logged in.

Rob - In PhpBB, try setting the cookie path to just a forward slash ' / '.

If not, it's a server side thing.

This link is ok : http://www.push2run.com/phpbb
jasoncollege24

Post by jasoncollege24 »

That actually explains a lot... That link always logs me out, but the cookie problem is server side, because it *always* logs out on that URL.

Thanks! I feel stupid now lol
jasoncollege24
Website
YouTube channel
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

jasoncollege24 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 pm That actually explains a lot... That link always logs me out, but the cookie problem is server side, because it *always* logs out on that URL.

Thanks! I feel stupid now lol
Hehe - I admin a PhpBB forum and had to massage the cookie setting to get it right.

In the end I made it a simple forward slash ' / ' and it then set it for the whole site.
RobLatour
Site Admin

Post by RobLatour »

I checked, the php cookie path is set to /